Chapter 27

Danny's POV:

Jayden stormed in the room and caught his breath. When he saw us sitting on the couch, he sighed relieved, falling on the floor. I quickly stood up and hurried towards him. 

"Jayden, are you alright?" I asked worried. He nodded.

"Danny....Where were you..." Jayden whined and sobbed. I chuckled at the sudden behaviour. 

"I was trying to find you for like an half hour but this house is so big...hic....and, and...." I hugged him and reassured him that everything was fine. Mom was staring at us without saying anything and stood up, walking towards us.

"Alright, you can pull away now." Jayden said annoyed. I smiled and pulled away and patted his head. He ignored me. Jayden suddenly flinched when mother cleared her throat.

"Ahem. And who might this young man be?" Mother asked strictly and irritated. I sighed.

"Mother, he was the boy I brought yesterday. You already forgot?" I said nonchalant. Her eyebrow rose and put her hand on her cheek.

"Oh my, how could I forget. So you are Jayden?" Mom asked and walked to Jayden closer. The sound of her high heels clacking on the ground. He nodded, smiling nervously. She grabbed Jayden's chin and made him look up towards her. I flinched when she suddenly began  glaring intensively at him. Jayden shivered and began sweating. I sighed and chuckled. 

"Mothe---" 

"Stop. Wait..." Mother pulled away and closing her eyes, shaking his head. Jayden looked at me confused but I already knew what was gonna happen. Jayden on the other hand didn't know what was gonna happen and quickly walked to me, holding my arm nervously. I lightly blushed.

"You..." Mother looked at Jayden again and Jayden flinched. 

"Y-Yes?!"

"You...are..." Mother walked towards him again, clack sounds of her heels echoing the room. Jayden held my arm tight. 

"...so...adorable!!" She squealed and held his cheek.  Jayden looked very confused (shocked pikachu image), but sighed relieved.  Mom ruffled his hair and he huffed. I began laughing and Jayden got really annoyed.

"M--miss...Can you please stop pinching my cheek? It's starting to hurt..." Jayden asked. Mom laughed and stopped, clearing her throat.

"I'm sorry at my sudden childish behaviour." She smiled cheerfully. 

"She's usually excited  when she finds something adorable or cute." I told him.

"Which is sometimes very annoying." I mumbled the last part, enough to let Jayden hear, making him giggle. But unfortunaly she also heard it and slapped my head. I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"Anyways. On to business now. Danny..." Mother turned around facing me.

"...Why did you come here, with your friend along aswell? Did something happen?" With something I knew what she meant. My father.

"Yes. Something did happen." I looked at my mom dead serious. Mom grabbed my shoulder worried. I glanced at Jayden who's eyes were glued on the ground. I wanted to hold his hand and reassure him that everything is gonna be fine, but I coundn't do it right now. Not when my mom is looking at us.

'Should I....just tell her? I am very sure that she will accept us but I should ask Jayden first.' I tapped on his shoulder and he looked at me. I smiled and eyed my mom. Hopefully he would get the hint. He flinched and looked away thinking. He then didn't look at me but nodded, his ears burning red. I smirked.