chapter 18

Danny's POV:

"...but my stupid dad arranged a marriage for me..." I said shutting my eyes. It was silent for a few minutes and I slowly opened my eyes. Jayden was looking down on the grass. I couldn't see his face, his expression. 

"J...Jayden, look--" 

"It's alright Danny. Don't exhaust yourself. You will have a bright future, a caring wife, a great marriage, the best job, huge house...maybe even...kids... and I...." He stopped. I saw tears falling down on the grass. 

"Jayde--" 

"I should go now. Let's just...Let's forget what we all did, the kiss, the...." He trailed off with a sob. I grabbed his arm but he pushed me away.

"Jayden, listen to me!" He stood up and turned around walking away. 

I stood up and tried to follow him, only to be held by someone. I turned around and saw the same guy with the mask. He smirked. 

"Don't forget our contract, Danny." I growled.

Jayden POV:

I walked home and checked if someone was home. No one was home and I sighed. I broke down, crying. I couldn't hold it anymore. Why did I say that? He wanted to say something, why didn't I just let him explain?! The images of Danny marrying with someone els broke my heart. The images of seeing Danny with a wealthy family with a wife and kids just made me cry more. 

I grabbed my phone and texted mom: 'Mom, I don't want to go to school tomorrow, I have a headache.'

She saw my message and immidiatly called me. I hesitated first but took the call.

"Jayden! Sweatheart, are you alright?"

"Mom, I'm fine. I just have a headache. Can you call the school tomorrow?"

"Did you drink too much?!" She said nearly screamed.

"No, no. It's just the...music was too loud."

"Oh honey...Should I come home? Do you need help?" Mom sounded worried.

"No, it's alright, I can take care of myself. Don't overwork yourself mom."

"Ok...whatever you say. But I am afraid I will be back 2 days later. If something happens, just call me immidiatly ok?"

"Yes...Bye..." I ended to call and sighed. I want to whatsapp and saw multiple messages from Danny:

'Jayden please listen to me' (22:37)

'Where are you? should I bring you home?' (22:37)

'Jayden please' (22:38)

'hello?' (22:41)

'are you still at the party?'(22:41)

'I can't find you, jayden..' (22:58)

'Dylan told me you went home' (22:59)

'Ill explain everything once we are at school tomorrow, OK?' (22:59)

'atleast just tell me you arrived home safe.' (23:00)

I left them on read and scrolled through social media. I didn't noticed but I fell asleep on the coach. Only to be awaken by the door. 'What? Who's knocking at this hour?!' I checked the time. 00:19. I dozed off for almost two hours. The doorbel suddenly brought me back at the situation. 'Is it Danny? Well, either way, I won't open the door. The person will eventually go anyway...'