Chapter 26

Danny's POV (Part what happened at that night when they arrived at the big house.):

I shut the door of the car and walked back to the house. 'I promise you Jayden, I'll give you a better life. I sure hope that old woman understands my choice.' I grabbed Jayden's things and walked back to the front door when I suddenly saw Jayden's mother rushing to the door with red eyes. 'Tch.' I glared at her. She froze for a minute but suddenly began crying. I tried to ignore her and leave the house but she stopped me. 

"Is... Is Jayden really....leaving the house?" My fingers twitched.

"You told him to leave, didn't you?! So yes, he is leaving this place and he never wants to come back seeing your face again." I told her and got out finally.

I was very tired, tired of everything that happened today. I just want to go home and sleep, but this time I can't go to my father's place. I really had only one option left, my mother's place. I got in the car and closed the door. Seeing Jayden sleep made me also tired but I held myself back. 'Jayden trusts me, I can't let him down...' I bend down to kiss his cheek and sighed. I covered with my jacket over Jayden, so he wouldn't catch a cold, and started the car finally driving away.

...

'Argh...Did I even make the right decision to come here? I forgot that dumbass cousin of mine moved in here a couple weeks ago. Whatever, I'm not doing this for myself but for Jayden.'

I got off the car and left Jayden there to ring the doorbell. 

I hesitated first but shaked my head and ringed it. It was silent for a second but the speaker got on.

"Who is it?" Mom's voice.

I cleared my throat.

"It's me..." I sighed and I heared a gasp from the other side. The speaker turned off and a few seconds later the big door slowly opened, revealing my mom along with that dumbass.

"Danny?! What are you doing here?! You usually never come to my place, never even at this hour!" She walked down from the stairs down to me, my cousin following her. 

"Hey Danny. I haven't seen you in so long." He smirked, I rolled my eyes and ignored him.

"Hello..." Tired could've heard from my voice and my mom understood.

"Come inside. Let's talk about what happened, hm?" She asked and held her hand out. 

"Ah! Wait...Jayden is still in the car..." I turned around and rushed to the car. They both followed me confused. 'I shouldn't wake him up now, let's pick him up.' I thought, but I didn't have the strength anymore. 'Fuck...I'm so tired.'

"Danny, who is that?"

"Mom, can we talk later, please...But let me first bring Jayden to a bedroom." I asked. She sighed and nodded. 

"Alright then, but let someone else pick him up. You don't have any strength anymore." 

She cleared her throat.

"Milan!" 

"Hmm?" Milan turned towards mother.

"You heard us." She simply said and he nodded.

"There is no need for him. I'll bring him inside." I stated but my eyes were getting heavier.

"Follow me Danny." Mom grabbed my hand and walked inside. I looked back one more time at Jayden and saw Milan lift him up bridal style. 'That asshole..'