Chapter 34

Jayden's POV:

The first-year exams arrived after only a few short months. Everyone was instructed to come by if they didn't understand a subject by our homeroom teacher. Most of the students were prepared and knowledgeable. On the other hand, I was still having trouble with mathematics and history.

Danny usually tries to help me with math and history, but it doesn't work. I often spend hours alone in my room studying nonstop. I must succeed on this exam!

I rested my head on the desk after yawning. 

"I still haven't eaten..." Has Danny gone to bed already? I thought as my eyelids slowly closed.

"No, I can't...get some sleep," I complained softly as I gently smacked my face in an attempt to wake up. The door creaked open after receiving a sudden quiet knock.

"Jayden, it's getting close to two in the morning. Come and rest now; we can go to the library tomorrow and study together." He said worried. I looked at him and realized that it had been two weeks since we had done anything together. I approached him after getting up and fell onto him. He smiled and quickly grabbed me.

"Carry me..." I whispered into his chest.

"Gladly."

...

We were all seated when the exam day eventually arrived. I was sweating terribly and felt overly uncomfortable and nervous. I've been preparing for this test nonstop for the past three weeks, so I must succeed. I sent a quick glance in Danny's direction, who was seated a little farther back. He was already looking at me with a worried expression. I grinned hesitantly back. When the teacher eventually arrived, everyone was anxious and silent. When the teacher carefully passed the papers from our desks, my palms were somewhat trembling. Danny most certainly would have taken hold of my hand and clasped our fingers together if he had seen that my hands were quivering. I inhaled deeply and began the exam, already not understanding the first question.

...

"RRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It was time to turn in the papers to the teacher as the bell rang. Everyone stood up and quietly walked out of the classroom. I sighed and left the room, breathing in the clean air. I was afraid I might suffocate inside because it was so warm. History didn't go well, but math did. I was leaving class while completely forgetting about Danny and flinched when he called my name out of the blue.

"Jayden, hold on!" I turned around.

"I..." I trailed off. I took out my phone and looked at the time. '4 P.M...'

"Let's head home."

I'm really worn out. I had a hard time keeping my eyes open. Danny smiled warmly.

"How did the exam go?" He asked as he made his way to the car. I grunted.

"Math and all the other subjects went fine, but history..." I trailed off once more as my anxiety grew.

"Don't worry; I'm sure you passed that too." Danny questioned why, given that I was only in my first year, I wanted to pass so desperately. 

"But why do you want to pass the test this year so badly? You still have time to improve on your previous low grades." He asked.

"I just...want to be in the same class with you...." My secret was accidentally spilled as my boldness took control of me. As I gasped, I suddenly realized what I had just spoken. Danny froze.