Chapter 9

during meeting Bucky and I had a 4 hour drive today

during meeting
Bucky and I had a 4 hour drive today. We were meeting Josh half way. I met him 5 years ago while on a mission to check in on the tribes. He was very welcoming to me. I explained to him what had happened with the protector bond and what it means.

After calling my sister when it happened we all agreed he would stay with the tribe to protect them and all other surrounding tribes.
We arrived at the coffee shop with 5 minutes to spare. I ordered us some coffee and got my laptop out to make some notes. I hear to front door open and look up to see Josh.

"Hey Josh how are you doing" standing to shake his hand.

"I'm doing well, it's good to see you, hey Bucky how's it going."

"Pretty good just trying to stay up long with those two." He said. After some chit chat and catching up we got down to business.

"So before we get started, I feel like it's important to inform you of some recent deaths we have had with some werewolf tribes around us. I do my typical check ins like we've advised me to do. This month when I went the pack was smaller. I asked what happened and they said they were attacked at night and only a few survived. I think the Volturi are starting to hunt wolves again. I heard from a source that they think you are dead, and your sister is not even here doing anything for the wolves." He says.

Josh continues to talk about the attack and all the information he can give us. After 3 hours of discussing the problem and coming up with protection plan we go our separate ways.

"Man Ri is going to be pissed. Especially since there's no real evidence to show if it's the vampires hunting them or not." Bucky stated.

"This is going to be a long night. Hey while I drive can you play the voicemail from Ri over the speakers."

"Hey Fen, I hope you and buck are doing alright. Paul and I had to cut our trip kind of short today because the red head showed up. Harry Clearwater was out with chief Swan hunting the wolves when they red head scared Harry into having a heart attack and didn't make it. His two kids Leah and Seth phased.  And let me tell you I gave Leah a beating. But I'll explain that more when you get home. Paul has patrol in the morning so be quiet coming into the house. I'll be in the office waiting. I love you both drive safe."

"Well shit looks like we've both had interesting days." stating.

After the long drive we finally arrive home. Bucky heads to the office, but I go to the kitchen to get some coffee. I get my cup and head towards Ri's office.

I'm sitting in my office when the sensors go off letting me know the boys are home

I'm sitting in my office when the sensors go off letting me know the boys are home. I continue to work at my desk when Bucky walks in. He comes over and gives me a hug and kiss on the head. We wait five more minutes before Fenrir walks in.

"Hey bub how'd it go today?"

"We have some problems." Then he proceeded to tell me about the meeting with Josh. My blood was boiling on the inside. By the time he finished.

"Does Josh know why they have started attack wolves again?" I asked

"I guess his source told him one night on patrol a wolf attacked a vampire that was on their land attack someone and the leech was the mate of one of those Volturi kings but there's no real evidence if it was the Volturi or a nomad." He says.

"It doesn't matter. I told Aro that his kind overall were to not mess with wolves. And yet they didn't take the threat serious enough to now a tribe lost some of its people." I'm shaking at this point. I haven't phased since Ephraim died and I'm damn near close. My wolf is just itching to get out.

"Yes that's what Josh has gathered. The wolf was protecting their people and bit the vampire causing its mate to seek revenge." We stayed up another 2 hours talking and discussing protection details and plans.

I also told them about what happened with Leah. I was finally going and crawling into bed around 2am. Paul shifted and pulled me close to him kissing the back of my head causing me to fall into a deep sleep.

Morning came around and my blood started to boil again thinking about my previous conversation with Fen and Bucky. I got out of bed and started to make breakfast for the boys before Paul left for his shift. I decided that I'm going to phase and go on patrol some as well as visit Ephraim's grave. It's been too long since I was last there and he is my best friend of course. Yet I keep chickening out to visit.

I was so wrapped up in my head I didn't realize Paul was awake until I felt his arms around me putting his head into my neck.

"Good morning my Queen" kissing up my neck and jaw line

"good morning my King. How'd you sleep last night?"

"Pretty good. What time did you come in last night?" He asks.

"I think we finished just before 2am." I handed him his breakfast and a cup of juice. "Start eating and I'll fill you in when I come over." I grab some food and start my day by telling Paul everything about the attack on the werewolves and what needs to happen next.

"Oh by the way my uncle and friend of his will be here tonight before he goes back to Asgard. I have a feeling the friend is going to be stay here a while." I tell him.

"And why is that?" He asks.

"It's Steve aka Captain America coming to surprise his best friend Bucky. They haven't seen each other since I saved Bucky from hydra and started to heal him. I think Steve will be Bucky's imprint."

"Well that's kind of exciting." Paul says.

"Yeah I know. Bucky really needs this. Let's finish up eating, I'm coming on patrol with you and Jared today and have to visit someone."

"Have you phased since you've been here?" He asks.

"No the only people to have seen my wolf are uncle Thor, Fen, and Ephraim. Plus I haven't phased since E died." I tell him.

"Kind excited to see what you look like. But why haven't you phased?" He asks.

"Yeah you say that now until I'm larger than you and look terrifying and it's just been hard I guess. I've had Fen and Bucky who phase most of the time when needed and i handle to other business." I say while pushing my food around the plate.

"That makes sense and i guess we will wait and see how i react to your wolf."

We make our way to Sam's to meet up with Jared. "Hey boys I'm going out with you today for a little while."

"Oooo I get to patrol with the Queen" all I can do is roll my eyes.

"Come on let's go" I walk out the door with the pack following me.

They have never seen me shifted so they all want to see my wolf. I turn around and see everyone staring at me. I roll my eyes again and flick my wrist shifting. All of a sudden i hear a group of gasps.

"Holy shit Ri..."