Chapter 41

The babies were growing fast and the closer we got to our due date the happier Paul and I got

The babies were growing fast and the closer we got to our due date the happier Paul and I got. We only told uncle Thor what was going on that way we could have a healer closer to us. He was excited and promised us he would not speak a word of the pregnancy until we were ready to tell others.

Paul continued to work on building our kingdom while I helped advice every now and then. The more pregnant I got, the clingier I was too. Paul had no problem with that. He told me it made him feel needed and wanted knowing it was him i wanted comfort in. So he started working from his office more so he could be home in case anything happened or if I needed help with something.

He told his selected guard of other species what was happening so when they twins were born they would be protected. However we didn't tell the pack yet. We wanted to wait until they were born and go down with the kids.

Paul and I find out today what we are having. We had to go to the palace for that because we didn't have all the resources here yet. Once we get our kingdom finished we will have healers here which will be so nice to keep us from traveling a lot.

We are on our way now to the palace. I told uncle Thor we were coming over today so we decided to make a whole day out of it. We'd see the healers, find out what we are having, and spend time with uncle. Paul needs to talk with him anyways about our progress in building.

Once we get to the healers wing I start to get nervous. We never made it this far with Angel. What if they aren't health? What if something is wrong and we don't know it? Will my babies survive this time? I think by now I'm panicking and Paul seems to notice and pulls me into him.

"Baby whatever is going through that mind of yours causing you to panic, just needs to calm down okay? You are okay. Our babies are safe. We are getting them looked at now to make sure they are healthy and growing big and strong okay? Cheer up baby, we get to know what we are having today!" He says comforting me. I instantly calm down under his touch and stay tucked into his side the rest of the way.

We get inside the healers work area and they all turn to look at Paul and I. Ava comes over and guides us to a private room. Paul helps me up on the table and helps make sure I'm comfortable. He standings beside me with his arms around me. He kisses my head or cheek every so often and keeps rubbing my belly just feeling the twins.

When Ava walks back in she has all her supplies to get the ultrasound started. "Alright, are you both ready to see your babies and know what you are having?" She asks us.

"Yes please." Paul says kissing my head.

Ava puts some gel on my belly and starts the ultrasound. Soon we hear two little heart beats. Tears starts to form knowing that both babies are okay so far.

"Alright mom and dad it looks like baby A is a boy, and baby B is a girl." Ava says.

I let out a soft sob as I cry. Paul pulls me close crying as well.

"We get one of each babygirl." He says kissing my forehead and then my stomach once the gel is wiped off.

After our appointment, we went to the throne room to find uncle. He was sitting there looking over some papers and he saw us walking in. "Ri, Paul, it is good to see you today. How was your appointment?" He asked.

"Well the babies are completely healthy and we found out our genders. Do you wanna know?" I ask uncle. He nods his head waiting for my answer.

"We are having a boy and a girl!" I say excitingly trying not to bounce up and down. Paul is holding me trying to help as well.

"Oh Ri, that is wonderful. I am so happy for you two!" He says coming to hug the both of us.

We spent the rest of the day with uncle talking about the babies and then him and Paul continued to talk about the Kingdom plans.

"You know Paul, I have to say, from that first real conversation we had in new york, I knew you were worried about not being the right choice, but with everything you have been doing, taking care of Ri, stepping into your title and taking responsibility, and being a good king, I have to say I am very proud of you and how much you have grown up." Uncle says to Paul.

My stupid hormones are everywhere and I start to tear up listening to uncle talk to Paul and acknowledge how much he has grown.

Uncle had dinner served in one of the smaller seating areas so it could just be us tonight. "Have you been in contact with the pack back on Midgard?" Uncle asks.

"Yeah, we called them to tell them we were extending our trip. They were fine with it and said everything is going well there. I know I need to go back but I won't until the babies are born. It is safer here away from the stress and drama." I say rubbing my belly.

"I totally understand and think that is a smart decision for you to make." Uncle says.

Once dinner was finished, Paul and I headed home. I was getting tired a lot quicker now. So once we got home, Paul helped me run a bubble bath, he lit some candles and turned on some relaxing music to help me calm down and relax my body from being tense all the time. After the bath, he helped me dry off and get into one of his shirts and placing me in bed. He covered me up and curled up behind me placing an arm around my belly protectively keeping me and the babies safe.