Chapter 40

Ri and Paul called us yesterday to tell us they are not coming home yet

Ri and Paul called us yesterday to tell us they are not coming home yet. I was shocked to hear they were going to stay away longer. However, with Paul having meetings and such it is probably best for them to be there. Jacob and Bella and the Cullen's have gotten annoying again.

We are currently at the pack house dealing with a whining bitch and I think Leah is about to snap any second now.

"Oh my gosh will you fucking shut up." I yell ending up being the on snapping which is an unusual thing. "I do not give a fuck if the Cullen's treat you better than we do. I do not care that you think Paul should be with you. I do not care that you think you are better than anyone. I DO NOT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU. I am done sitting here listening to this shit." I scream at Bella.

"Just tell me where Paul is so I can go bring him home." Bella says

"No I'm not telling you, and they aren't coming home any time soon either. Hell I do not blame them because they probably know the longer they are away the less they have to deal with you. I think it is time you leave. Next time you come here talking about wanting to take my brother in law for yourself it won't be very pretty and Jacob and the cullens wont be able to save you from my wrath." I say with venom.

They finally leave and the pack as a peaceful evening.

It has been three weeks since Paul and I had our one year anniversary

It has been three weeks since Paul and I had our one year anniversary. Today he is full with meetings until this evening. When I woke up this morning I wasn't feeling that great again. I at some toast and had some tea but that did not help at all. Since Paul would be gone all day I went to the palace to see a healer.

When I got there I was telling them about not feeling good the last couple of days and wanted to get checked out. I should have texted Paul but I knew he would just worry all day or cancel his meetings and come home. Finally the healer comes out with the results of what is going on.

"Well, what's going on?" I ask nervously.

"It seems to be that you are pregnant my dear. And you are carrying twins." The healer says. Twins. Not one baby but two. Is it too soon to pregnant again after the miscarriage over a year ago I think to myself. I pull myself out of my anxiety attack and look at the healer.

"Over a year ago my husband and I lost our baby. Is it to soon to be pregnant again, could something happen to the babies? Is the pregnancy still 5 months?" I ramble out not seeming to be able to catch my breath.

"Rieka, everything will be okay. Yes the pregnancy will still be five months. We can watch you closely, give you vitamins to help and just make sure you take it easy and do not cause yourself a lot of stress okay? It will be alright." After reassuring me I was able to calm down some.

I am now headed home and I start smiling thinking about having a family with Paul. We are able to have another chance at a family. As I am walking home I pass one of the stores and see the cutest gift for me to use to tell Paul.

I have the pictures from when the healer took the ultrasound so I will place it with the two wolf items writing, "cannot wait to meet you daddy" on it.

The rest of the day I find myself in and out of anxiety. Fear of losing another child, but excitement in getting the chance to be a mother again. I let a tear slip wishing we had angel here with us plus these two on the way but I guess fates had a different plan for us.

While I am waiting for Paul to come home, I decided to make us a big ish dinner. More than likely he didn't stop to eat at all today so he will probably be hungry when he gets home. I turn on some relaxing music and begin to cook some steaks, green beans, mashed potatoes, and rolls. I also pull some fruit out and cut up some strawberries, watermelon and added in some blueberries.

Dinner is almost ready by the time Paul walks through the door.

"Hi honey, how was your day?" I ask giving him a sweet kiss on the cheek.

"It wasn't too bad. All the meetings went well. Dinner looks and smells amazing baby. I'm going to go change real quick and we can eat." He says giving me another kiss. Once we comes back down I have everything set for us. He began to tell me how everyone is doing fine. He has not received any bad reporting on vampires yet so we cannot move on that plan until there is a real need or crime.

"So would you say right now everything is kind of at peace and not super stressful?" I ask him as we finish up dinner.

"Yeah I would say that. Why? Is everything okay?" He asks.

"Yeah actually I have something to give you." I get up and go grab the it hand it to him with the picture in side.

"Baby?" He says quietly

"Paul" I say placing my hands on his cheeks, "we get another chance to be parents. We are pregnant again." I say softly stroking his cheek.

"We get to have another chance?" He says will tears filling up in his eyes.

"Yes honey, but this time it's double the blessing. We are having twins." I tell him smiling.

He lets his tears fall and pulls me into a kiss. "Oh baby this makes me so happy." He says.

"Well I'm glad! I went to the healers today and they said I'm three weeks along already and I'm due in about 4 months and a week. They are going to keep a close eye on the pregnancy and give me vitamins to keep the babies healthy."

He just smiles and holds me close to his chest "baby thank you for making me a dad again."

"Thank you for making me a mom." I say giving him a kiss.

That night we laid in bed and couldn't keep our hands to ourselves. Paul made sweet tender love to me all night and I couldn't complain. I mean have you seen my husband?