Chapter 29

It's been two days now since the battle with the new borns

It's been two days now since the battle with the new borns. Paul and I haven't left the house. I rarely ever leave the bed. I feel like I've failed as a mom and I didn't even get to be a mom for that long. I also feel like I failed my fiancé. I don't know what to do. But the only thing I actually can do is get out of bed and go downstairs.

I see Paul is laying on the couch watching tv. The last couple of days we've been kind of distant I guess. We are both trying to heal but just not with each other. I can't keep up this distance because I need him. So I walk over and just lay on top of him snuggling my face into his neck. I feel his body relax as he wraps his arms around me holding me close.

"I'm sorry I've been distant these last two days. I've failed so much in the last week I just shut myself down. I lost a pack member and most of their pack, you got hurt, and we lost our baby. I failed you as an imprint when I should have protected you, I failed you as a fiancé by pushing you away, and I failed as a mother by losing the baby and by causing you to not meet your daughter. But I can't do distance anymore Paul. I need you more than ever. And I'm so sorry." I say sniffling beginning to cry again. That's all I've done these two days is cry.

Paul tightens his grip on me. And his voice cracks as he begins to speak, " oh baby girl, you didn't fail me. I protected you from being the one getting hurt but you ended up feeling it so I failed you, and then because we had to battle in that damn war it caused us to lose our angel, and I've failed you as a fiancé by letting you push me away instead of fighting to be by your side." I look at him and see tears slipping from his eyes. We just embrace each other and cry.

"Paul, I know we never age anymore and will be together forever but I don't want to wait to marry you. I want to be your wife now. This past week has shown me everything could be gone so quickly and I don't want something happening to us and we not be married." I tell him.

"Okay baby. We can do it this weekend. We can text the pack and have everything ready okay? Then once we get married we can have the funeral and honeymoon in Asgard. We need to be away for a while and it just be us okay?" He asks me. I nod my head and sit up.

I begin to text the girls our plans. I also send Uncle Thor a text so he can be the one to marry us as of Asgard ceremony and billy will do earth ceremony.

The girls texted me back not to worry about a thing. Emily would set up a dress appointment and take care of the cake while Kim and Leah worked on decorations for the beach setting and other foods. The girls also said the guys would help assemble everything for us.

The rest of the day Paul and I enjoyed being back in each other's embrace. We ate a lot of take out and other junk while watching movies all day and evening. The only time we left each other was to go to the bathroom. Other than that, I was either laying on top of him or he was on top of me. We couldn't keep our hands off each other. Going two days without your imprint will cause your wolf to feel deprived of physical touched. So we soaked each other up.

"Hey Paul?"

"Yeah baby."

"Do you want to name her?"

"I think we should. Could maybe help us start to heal by giving her a name." He says. "Do you have any ideas for names?" He asked

"Yeah actually, I was thinking Angel Marie Lahote." I tell him.

He looks at me with a sad smile, "perfect baby. That's perfect for her."

"Our little Angel" I say.

That night, Paul and I curled up in bed and just loved on each other. We had the tv on in the background, but did not pay attention. Paul would hold me close to his chest and rub my back out for me and I would in turn do the same for him. His body was still stiff from getting hurt so I wanted to help take the tension out.

At one point I was just staring into his eyes thanking the gods that he is still alive because I do not know what I would have done if I lost him too. We would occasionally turn out focus back on the tv screen but would still find ourselves craving more touch. There was no space between us, and that's how I liked it.

I eventually found myself placing a hand on his cheek and pulling him close to me giving him a soft tender kiss. That kiss turned into a sweet, loving make out session. We both weren't ready to be fully intimate yet after everything that happened so we poured our love into making out. Our hands roamed over each other's body just appreciating our imprints knowing we were both still alive and had each other.

"I love you Paul"

"And I love you Rieka"