Chapter 17

I wake up the neck morning to Ri laying half way on top of me curled into my neck

I wake up the neck morning to Ri laying half way on top of me curled into my neck. I look over at the clock and it's only 8 am. Fenrir said we are leaving here at 9. I decide to go ahead and get up and shower. Ri has been so stressed out lately that I want her to stay relaxed as much as possible. Once I finish my shower, I go ahead and start packing up our stuff but leave out what Ri will need to get ready.

I leave the room to let her continue sleeping and head to the kitchen/dining room area. I see coffee has been made and there's some fruit trays sat out. After grabbing some fruit I call Jared to check up on things.

"Hey Paul how's it in the Big Apple"

"It's interesting. Everyone's been welcoming. How's things been there? We are leaving here at 9 am to head home." I say

"Everything is fine. Everyone is still training. Bella is being a bitch though. She's bitching about how the Cullen's treat her better and we need to do more for her." Jared says.

"Damn that's rough. I gotta say it's nice to get away from her and all the stress for a few days. Ri has finally calmed down some."

"Well that's good. Everything is fine here. Enjoy being away while it lasts. Have safe travels." He says hanging up. I didn't even notice Thor sitting over in the lounge area. I finish up my fruit and get a refill on my coffee before headed over to sit across from him.

"Good morning Thor." I say

"Good morning Paul. Sleep well last night?" He asks

"Yes I did thanks for asking. Can I ask something that may seem kind of personally to Ri?" I ask hesitantly

"Well I guess it depends on the question." He says.

"The last time you visited I heard you make a comment about Ri phasing again. Does she normally not phase at all?" I ask

"Ahh when Ri was with her father or Ephraim she always phased. They helped her in so many ways to grow into the Queen she is today. After her father died she slowly stopped phasing and then once E passed away she stopped completely. Her wolf felt like she was missing parts of who she was and she was missing those parts. Fen and I always encouraged her to phase again but it never happened. But now that she's met you, I believe her wolf is starting to feel connected again and loved. She will probably start to phase more once she comes out to the cold ones again." He says.

I nod my head understanding and ask another question yet more difficult for me to ask. "Do you think I'm a good choice of mate? I didn't grow up with much. My mother left me, my father was an abusive drunk, and I got a name for myself because I slept around. I guess I just fear that I'm not good enough for Ri and I want to be everything for her. She's brought me out of this shell I covered myself in, she makes me laugh, and in all she makes me a better man. The kind of man I've always wanted to be. She's an amazing Queen and friend to the packs. I just don't want to hold her back or any of the packs because I make a wrong decision." I say looking defeated at my hands.

"Son, acknowledging your flaws and weakness already makes you a good man. When I was in line for the thrown I was a major hot head. I went to fight a realm and got banished from Asgard by my own father. It took one woman to show me the right way and everything changed. She made me softer yet still firm, believed in me, encouraged me, and loved me even I was far from perfect. I've had my fair share of sleeping around and bedding maids. But I can tell you this, Ri sees you perfect for who you are. Not for what you think she wants you to be. She simply wants you to be you. Love her, cherish her, and you all will have a wonderful relationship together. Ruling over people or in your case packs takes time to learn and get used to. Ri never expected to be thrown into her position so fast. She spent hours in her father library reading and studying when she came to visit or she would take stuff with her here. Do not fear you are not enough for her or her equal. Her wolf already sees that hints the marking. You may say that Ri was everything you needed to be a good man, but I think you already were one, you just didn't show it. I also think that you are exactly what Ri needs. Someone to level her out, push her, understand her, and love her on a level that no one ever has before. You two will be fine." He says soft but firm to get his points across. " and not to scare you into anything too fast, when the time comes and you want to pop the question call for me. I have the perfect idea for her. But until then just grow together and love together."

"Thank you Thor, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out." I say.

"Son please, call me Uncle." He says with a smile and I nod my head.

After a while longer of talking with Uncle Thor, I head up to see if Ri is awake yet. I walk into the room and see her laying on her stomach and her head lifts slightly looking over at me before slamming it back onto the pillow.

Its 8:40 and I am still in bed and know I need to get up

Its 8:40 and I am still in bed and know I need to get up. Suddenly the bedroom door opens and I look over to see it's Paul. I lay my head back down and pout. He comes over and starts to pull me out of bed.

"No no no no no" I whine

"Aw baby your are so cute when you pout but we gotta get ready and head home." he says making me pout even more.

I wrap my legs and arms around him holding on like a koala bear. He continues to carry my to the bathroom and sits me on the sink counter. All of a sudden he starts doing my morning routine. I sit here in shocked that he knows exactly what to do.

"How do you know the order and steps?" I ask

"baby I've watched you do this every morning since I moved in. I think I know what to do." He says.

I just sit here and let him spoil me. He brings me some leggings and a sports bra to wear under his hoodies. He then brushes my air out and puts it in a bun and kisses my nose once he's finished.

"Baby I had so much fun being with you away from the stress and I know once we go back things will be tense but promise me we will always make time for each other and not just two people together sleeping in the same bed going on about their day." He says softly putting his forehead against mine.

"Paul I promise to make time for you. Always. I love you!" I say giving him a kiss.

"I love you too, now let's get going before we are late." He says.

I jump on his back and say onward causing him to laugh and take off running down the hallway. I start screaming and laughing until we reach the common area where everyone is looking at us.

"Good morning guys! You ready to head back?" I ask jumping down off Paul's back.

"Yeah let's get going. You know we have a lot to take care of." Fen says.

We all say our goodbyes and me, Paul, Fenrir, Bucky and Steve are all loaded up headed back to La Push. "Well this was fun while it lasted. Now it's time to fight a leech." I say getting comfortable in my seat.