04. girls night at the Madrigals (well not really)

"(Y/n) !"

"Tonito !"

"I missed you !"

"I missed you too !"

"I'm so happy you're here !"

"I'm so happy to be here too !"

"Why is it, everytime they meet, she turns into a parrot ?" Dolores sighs, watching as Antonio hugs your waist and tries to pull you down to his level until you pick him up and spin him around, making him laugh.

"(Y/n), hi !" Pepa entered the kitchen, the cloudy sky getting clearer at the sight of you and her son having fun and letting light enter the room by the window.

"Hola, Tía Pepa !"

"Are you staying the night ?" She asks, the weather getting even clearer at the idea.

"Dolores invited me."

"Great, great ! Girls night, it is."

"But moooom !" Dolores protests, but you know she loves when Pepa joins the both of you when you sleep over. It always ends up in laughs and a sunny hangover.

"No buts ! I am tagging along, and I'll ask Isabela, Luisa and Mirabel as well. Julieta and Agustìn are going on a date tonight, isn't it great ?"

"Yeah, you girls have to keep the weather great for them, alright ?" Félix enters the kitchen, followed by a grumpy looking Camilo.

"I wanna come to the girls night, too. I want to know what you do in those." he complains, Antonio nodding frantically in agreement.

"Can we tag along, mom ? Please ?" the young boy gives her puppy eyes, soon joined by a second Antonio as Camilo had shapeshifted into him.

"Please, mi vida ?" Eventually, even Félix joins, hugging her side. Pepa looks over to you and Dolores, devastated by the cuteness of two Antonios and her husband's love. You shrug while Dolores sighs before nodding. Nothing bad could come out of a sleepover with almost all the Madrigals, right ?

___

And there you were, hanging out in a nightgown Pepa landed you (you were basically the same height) with Félix, Camilo and Luisa in the kitchen, playing cards waiting for Mirabel and Antonio to finish the dinner they begged Pepa to be allowed to prepare. Dolores was trying to find where Isabela was off too, using her gift, and Pepa decided to take a bath since she left Mirabel in charge of the food.

"Take that !" Camilo energetically throws his card on the table. "Boom !"

Luisa groans, taking four more cards from the deck. However, something does not click right with you.

"Camilo ?" you raise an eyebrow, looking at the Uno card the boy had just thrown.

"Yes, my dear (Y/n) ?"

"We're playing Kemps. Luisa shouldn't have eight cards, and I don't see where that Uno card came from."

"Well, my dear (Y/n), rules sometimes differ depending on the perso-"

"KEMPS !" you scream when you see him do your secret sign. He immediately throws his four cards on top of the Uno one, showing all the Queens of the deck. You high-five him, forgetting you found him shamelessly cheating less than one minute ago.

"Oh, bummer. I never win against Camilo." Luisa sighs, under Félix's bewildered gaze.

"I don't think you could call that a win." he starts arguing as you and Camilo dance around Luisa, trying to get a laugh out of her while still showing-off your totally fair victory.

"And why is that, father dearest ?" Camilo points finger guns at him while Luisa chuckles at your silly moves. Félix frowns.

"Because you tried to cheat, mi hijo. The game was over the moment Luisa had eight cards in hand."

"Everybody makes mistakes ! The past is in the past, Tío Félix." you say, trying to spin Luisa around, but not being strong enough to do so. Instead, she looks at you, confused of what you were trying to do, but you didn't notice, too focused on defending your glorious partner Camilo.

"I'm definitely telling Pepa." Félix crosses his arms, half-amused, half-annoyed by his oldest son throwing him the proudest smiles. "Everytime the both of you pair up, it ends up in a total scam."

You and Camilo wink at each other proudly. This time, you didn't expect him to bring up an Uno card, but it was enough to divert Félix's attention from Camilo and allow him to make your secret sign safely.

You leave Félix and Camilo arguing to go see how Mirabel and Antonio are doing in the kitchen, soon followed by Luisa.

"Hey, (Y/n). Isa told me you helped her wrap up my gift earlier, and I wanted to say thank you. It was very original, I liked it." the young woman whispers to you with a thankful smile.

"Oh, I didn't know I would be so successful with the wrapping thing. Thank you, Luisa it was nothing. Did you like your gift ?"

She nods frantically, making you giggle. "That's great. I hope the donkey will listen to your worries and be a nice confident. But if he isn't, don't forget there are lots of people out there ready to listen to you."

You leave her thinking, advancing towards Mirabel to look at was she was doing over her shoulder. Luisa wasn't the kind to talk about her feelings, and you felt like maybe she needed to be reminded it was okay to vent. The Madrigals were a wonderful family, but when you got close enough, the cracks started to show, and soon enough you realize they aren't so different from any other family.

"(Y/n), don't get in my way ! Last time you cooked, you almost burnt down your house." Mirabel jokefully pushes you away.

"Lies ! I had everything under control." you start arguing pointlessly, knowing all to well she was right. If Dolores hadn't been here, you would probably be dead by now. Noneless to say, the kitchen was now a forbidden teritorry for you.

"Here we are !" Dolores finally shows up, followed by Isabela. They are both in their nightgowns, and, while you already saw your best friend in her pajamas countless times, it's a shock seeing Isabela in a more casual outfit. She also tied up her hair in a ponytail, probably so it doesn't go in her face, and you frown quickly in jealousy as you note it is as perfect as ever.

"Everyone's here !" Pepa exclaims as she enters the room, relaxed by the bath she just took. "Well then, let's get our girls night started !"

___
words : 1061