19. calling for Mirabel

Abuela stands before you, looking more than disappointed. The courtyard is a mess, full of beautiful flowers. If you absolutely love it, it doesn't seem like Alma does.

Mirabel jumps on her feet, smiling as she approaches her grandmother. You bite your lip in anticipation, knowing by the woman's expression it won't go as well as Mirabel thinks.

"Abuela ! It's okay, everything's... We're gonna save the miracle, the magic..."

Alma frowns, stopping Mirabel. "What are you talking about ? Look at our home ! Look at your sister ! (Y/n), I thought you were a responsible young woman ! Don't you care about this family ?"

Well, you were not a responsible young woman.

Getting scolded by Alma was actually terrifying. But it made you angry, to; she didn't know you that well and had no right to tell you how much you care about her family. You look at Isabela, who was staring at the floor in guilt. You take her hand, squeezing it gently. She tightens the grip, shaking slightly.

"Please," Mirabel tries. "just... Isabela wasn't happy, and-"

"Of course she isn't happy, you ruined her proposal-"

"No, no, she needed me to ruin her proposal, and then we did all of this and the candle burned brighter and the cracks-"

"Mirabel-"

"That's why I'm in the vision, I'm saving the miracle !"

"You have to stop, Mirabel !" Alma shouts, making the three of you flinch. Luisa enters the courtyard, concerned, and stands behind you and Isabela protectively.

"The cracks started with you." Alma continues, accusingly pointing at her. "Bruno left because of you. Luisa's losing her powers, Isabela's out of control, because of you. You even got (Y/n) to help you ? I don't know why you weren't given a gift, but it is not a reason for you to hurt this family !"

The house started to shake again, and you widened your eyes as a few cracks showed under your feet, sprouting from the grandmother.

"No..." you whisper. "We had fixed it."

Mirabel stares at her Abuela, heartbroken. Julieta and Agustín enter the house, alarmed by the argument.

"I will never be good enough for you, will I ? No matter how hard I try." You and Isabela worriedly make eye contact, watching the cracks grow larger. You all probably should get out of the house to continue this lovely discussion. The whole family was now present, watching the scene unfold, not daring to interfere. Dolores stares at you, anxious. You wished you could tell her everything was okay.

"No matter how hard any of us tries. Luisa will never be strong enough. Isabela won't be perfect enough... Bruno left our family because you only saw the worst in him-"

"Bruno didn't care about this family !"

"He loves his family ! I love this family ! We all love this family ! Even (Y/n) cares about us more than you do !"

You were starting to get a bit too involved in this. Mirabel was popping off, though.

"You're the one that doesn't care ! You're the one breaking our home !"

A crack makes you lose your balance and gently bump into Luisa. You look up to see her on the verge of tears. You take her hand with your free one, trying to reassure her.

"Don't you ever-" Abuela threatens, but Mirabel didn't listen anymore.

"The miracle is dying because of you !"