Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Cᴀᴍɪʟᴏ & Aɴᴛᴏɴɪᴏ Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ

𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙲𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 :

"(Y/n) ? She's ultra cool. She goes along with my jokes, plus she helped Dolores a lot at a time she was feeling down. We always pair up when we play games, because then we always win.

What do you mean, we always cheat ? You have no proof. (Y/n) would never let me cheat. But seriously, I think what I like the best about her is that you can always be yourself with her. She's a friend you can trust."

𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙰𝚗𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 :

"(Y/n)'s so cool ! We invent stories when she sleeps over, and she likes animals, like me. And I noticed, everyone smiles when she's here. It's because she's very funny and kind.

Dolores told me when I was three years old, I punched (Y/n) in the eye by accident, and she had a small bruise. But she didn't mind, she told everyone she got it by fighting criminals."

𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚎𝚝 :

"When will she come back ? I don't know. Will I die waiting for her here ? Probably." You were waiting for Dolores, in Casita's kitchen. It was the first time she invited you to her home, and she had left you alone in the first five minutes, claiming she had to clean her room before you could see it, because it was a mess.

You had known each other for six months, and she had seen your mess of a room numerous times. But you guessed it was a question of education. Dolores had opened up about her grandmother wanting everything to be perfect at all times.

So now, you were sat at the kitchen table, awkwardly waiting and hoping you wouldn't cross anyone's way. You were very anxious you'd have to introduce yourself and explain why you, a stranger, was sitting in their kitchen.

"Now, you calm down, Tonito."

You mentally curse when a beautiful lady enters the room, holding a small toddler. You'd give him two years old and identify him as Dolores' baby brother, Antonio. Anyway, he was crying. The woman must then be Pepa Madrigal, Dolores' mother.

The woman screams when she sees you, making you scream as well when she almost drops the baby while her appearance turns into a twelve years old boy's. The teenager screams again, for good measure, and then realizes he made Antonio cry louder.

He turns back into the woman, trying to calm the baby down while starting a conversation with you.

"Who are you ? Are you here to see my Tía ?"

"Your Tía ?"

"Julieta Madrigal. Is someone hurt ?"

"Oh, no ! My name's (Y/n), I'm-"

"Dolores' friend. I should have guessed." He huffs when Antonio doesn't stop crying, Pepa's features forming a frown. "I'm-"

"Camilo. Nice to meet you." You flash him a smile, which he returns, brushing a few of his mother's hair out of his face. He seemed used to be morphing into her.

"So, where's Dolores then ?"

"Cleaning her room. I'm not allowed there until she's done."

You feel free to talk casually to him. Dolores talked a lot about him, and how much he liked to help his mother when she was too tired to take care of Antonio. Of course, addressing Camilo when he was in Pepa's form was weird, but you'd get used to it.

"Ah, typical Dolores. Did she even offer you something to drink ?"

"No, but I'm fine. You seem busy."

He laughs, then going back to frowning as Antonio cried louder. You had to say, Pepa's angry face was quite scary. "What going on ?" He sulks, rocking the toddler in his arms. "Usually, using mamá's face works."

"Maybe try as yourself ?" You propose, not sure how to help. You never had to take care of another baby than your brother, and you were ten, so you weren't really alone with him. Plus, Jorge was the calmest two years old you've ever seen.

Camilo thinks for a second, looking at you, then at his brother, before shrugging and turning into himself again. Why not try ?

"Tonito, it's okay. Look, I'm here." He says in a tender voice, and the toddler calms down, his sobs becoming quieter. Camilo looks puzzles by the success of your suggestion, letting a genuine smile grow on his face.

"Camiloooo !" Antonio cries softly, extending his little hands to try and grab his brother's curls. Camilo giggles, lowering his head so that Antonio is able to reach them.

You smile at the sight of the brothers playing, Antonio starting laughing as Camilo made funny faces when he pulled too hard on his hair.

"I can't believe it worked with my face." The twelve years old gives you a bewildered grin, to which you answer with a tilt of the head.

"It isn't that surprising. You're his brother, and he loves you. Sometimes it's better to fix things as yourself."

He thinks about your words for a moment, before remembering you were still here and probably waiting for Dolores.

"Will you hold Antonio for me ? He's calm now, and I trust you won't try to kidnap my brother. I'll get you something to drink, it's hot today. Make sure he doesn't escape, he still can't walk without putting himself in great danger. I swear I don't know how he survived last time."

Before you can protest, he hands you Antonio, and you find yourself holding the toddler in place on your lap. He giggles as he tries to break free from your gentle grip, before finally stopping to look into your eyes.

"Look at you, little thing. Aren't you super cute ?" You talk to him, not expecting an answer.

"Yes." Antonio responds, probably not sure why you and Camilo laughed afterwards.

"Here you go." The teenager puts a glass of water on the table in front of you, taking Antonio back in his arms.

"I'm done !" Dolores walks into the kitchen, not waiting for any particular answer before grabbing your hand and pulling you upstairs. You have the time to thank Camilo for the glass of water you'd never drink, and give Antonio a small salute.

"I heard everything." Dolores says, opening the door to her room. "Don't you dare try to kidnap Tonito."

"But-"

"No buts. Just come back to visit us if you want to see him."

___
words : 890