33. kiss goodnight

A loud sound wakes Isabela up, making her groan. What could have hit her window so late at night ?

Meanwhile, you apologize to Casita, afraid you had hurt the house by throwing a rock at Isabela's window. But you didn't, and the house shows it by bursting Isabela's shutters open, letting light into her room and waking her up even more.

"What's going on- (Y/n) ?" She looks outside, to see you standing there in the dark, looking up at her like an idiot.

"It is I, Isabela ! I have come to fulfill my promise. We shall sneak out together."

"Seriously ? You made that promise two months ago ! I thought I could escape this !"

"Correction ! It was about a month and two weeks ago. And you can't escape me."

"Alright then, sing me a serenade. I'll come down if it's good enough."

You lose your words in disbelief. Did she want you to wake her whole family up ? You were already lucky enough Dolores' room was soundproof. "That's not the most discreet way of sneaking out, honey."

She smirks, looking at your figure in the dark. You seemed so small compared to her, for once. She really enjoyed this. "Go on. Sing something."

"If you insist." You sigh. "Twinkle, twinkle little star..."

She snorts. "That's so romantic !"

"I was inspired." You shrug as a vine finally grows down Isabela's window, and she climbs it down. She hugs you as you open your arms, giggling like a mischievous child doing something their parents won't like.

That was what you were doing. More or less, you were both grown adults.

"This is my first time sneaking out !" Isabela exclaims, spinning around. "What do we do ?"

"First, we celebrate our success in getting out unseen."

You both silently jump up and down in victory.

"And now ?"

You think for a second. You had mainly focused on convincing Isabela to sneak out, which ended up being easier than planned. "Nowwww... I don't really know. I did bring snacks, though." You point to your enormous bag.

"What do you usually do when you sneak out ?"

"I walk in the town at night. It's deserted. Sometimes I dance, because no one can see me. I leave notes on people's doors. I find a tree and I climb it all up to stargaze. When I'm with my aunt, we find a nice spot and talk until the sun rises, even if we don't have anything to say. Something you wanna try ?"

"Definitely leaving notes on people's doorsteps."

"Of course."

___

"You're crazy !" Isabela laughs quietly as you slip your note under Mariano's front door.

It said : You're never safe from another kidnapping. You had showed mercy and did not write anything else.

"I just hope it's not Mariano's mother who finds it."

Isabela gasps at the idea, hitting your shoulder as you laugh. She was the one who stopped in front of the Guzmáns' home with a smirk. You only executed the plan that was going on in her mind.

"Hey, we're not very far from that courtyard with the three. You know, the place you told me you didn't want to marry-"

"I remember. Wanna go there ?"