29. the tale of the nine bells

"Dolores, I'm going ! See you and (Y/n) at the party." Bruno quietly knocks on your bedroom's door to inform you of his departure. Since Casita was back, the Madrigals had to go fetch their stuff in the shelters offered by the town's families. A party was planned later in the evening, even after the celebration of the return of the magic.

"See you, Bruno."

"Bye, Tío."

In fact, Dolores had already gathered her things, but she had to talk to you and sat you down on your bed.

"So, why am I still here and not dancing the night away ?" You cross your arms. Dolores sighs.

"You kidnapped my boyfriend."

"Who ?"

"Mariano Guzman."

"He snitched !" You gasp. "I can't believe the man I kidnapped snitched on me !"

"Yeah, what a surprise !" Dolores ironizes. "Now, tell me what you did that for ?"

"First of all," You straigthen your posture and look right in her eyes. "I'd like to clarify that I did this on my own."

She snorts. "I know damn well Camilo was a part of this."

So Mariano didn't talk about Luisa. At least one of you was safe.

"So, what if I kidnapped your boyfriend ? He's fine now, and I apologized. Besides, you promised we would kidnap Isabela together, and we never did."

"Because we don't need to. Isa would follow you to the end of the world !"

"I sure hope not, we would both die in that case and that would be a waste. But I get your point. If you really want to know, we basically just kidnapped Mariano to mess with him."

"Well, you did a good job. He's terrified of you. I had to convince him you didn't have any intent to murder him in his sleep."

"How do you know he's not right ?"

"I don't, but what can we do ? I had to reassure him somehow."

"Well, don't worry. If I ever murder Mariano, it will be in broad daylight."

"I am now reassured." Dolores chuckles, sitting next to you. "Listen, (Y/n), that was funny, but you gotta stop with your obssession of kidnapping people."

You shrug. "I tried it this one time, and it wasn't much fun. So yeah, I'll stop. No more kidnapping."

___

"May I kidnap your child ?"

Félix nods, handing you Antonio's hand.

"Hola, peque." you greet the victim of your new kidnapping. "Your mamá said it was very late, so you should go to bed."

Antonio agrees, following you to his bedroom where Pepa was already waiting. She thanks you, ready to take her son to bed, but he doesn't let go of your hand.

"(Y/n), can we continue our story ?" He looks at you with puppy eyes, the ones you can't resist. The party was still going, but you were okay with doing a break. Pepa laughs as you scoop Antonio in your arms, and opens the door for you, following you to her son's hammock, hanging from one of the highest branches of the tree. You comfortably settle on a nearby seat carved in the tree trunk and wait for Pepa to kiss Antonio goodnight. 

"See you later, (Y/n). Don't make the story last too long." She says before climbing down the tree expertedly. You watch as she sends the both of you a flying kiss when she reaches the ground, then closing the door behind her. Antonio catches the invisible kiss and bring it to his cheek, before turning back to you.