22. the right one

"There were bees everywhere." You arrive before the house as Agustín tells Mirabel about his adventures. You feel all your stress disappear when you see the young girl touch her dad's welted face.

"I'll be okay." Agustín reassures her.

"Uh... Not if we don't have a house." Camilo gets nudged by Félix. "What ? We don't have a house, I can't that we don't have a house ? What is that ?" He points to a pile of bricks. "Not a house."

Mirabel brightens when she sees you and Isabela. She walks up to the both of you, giving you a quick hug, before turning to the arch that used to be Casita's front door.

"Look at this home,we need a new foundation..."

It's another song ! Great, just great.

"It may seem hopeless but we'll get back just fine..."

Isabela giggles at your tired expression and gently pulls your hand so that you stand in front of Mirabel, with her and her family. You scoff, feeling like maybe you shouldn't be included in this group.

"Look at this family, a glowing constellation so full of stars, and everybody wants to shine..."

Mirabel pulls Isabela inside, and you all follow, ready to start cleaning the remains of Casita. Well, you'll try to help as much as you can with your arm. Luisa gets to work, but the part of the wall she tries to lift is too heavy for her.

"But the stars don't shine, they burn, and the constellation shifts." Mirabel kneels next to Antonio, who gives her a smile.

"I think it's time you learn you're more than just your gift." She runs to help Luisa, patting her shoulder when they succeed in fixing the wall.

"And I'm sorry I held on too tight, just so afraid I'd lose you too..." Abuela passes the arch, taking Julieta's hand and caressing Pepa's face. Mirabel and her seemed to have had a serious discussion, making her realize she was hurting her family.

"The miracle is not some magic that you've got..." She turns to the arch, where Bruno is standing. You hear Camilo gasp behind you.

Bruno hesitantly walks towards towards his mother, who keeps singing as she takes his hands. "The miracle is you, not some gift, just you."

"About time she realized that." You whisper. Isabela nudges you.

"The miracle is you." Julieta and Pepa run to hug their brother as Abuela and Mirabel sing together. "All of you, all of you..."

"Okay so... We gonna talk about Bruno ?" Camilo asks, utterly confused that his uncle is not seven foot tall at all.

"That's Bruno !" Antonio points to Bruno, who starts singing as well.

"Yeah... There's a lot to say about Bruno... I'll start, okay !"

You grin widely as Bruno explains himself to Pepa about her wedding, that Dolores had told you was celebrated in a hurricane. The triplets hug as Julieta says that what matters is that he's here now.

"Yo, I knew he never left I heard him everyday !" Dolores punches Camilo's arm, hurting him. He makes an outraged face, looking around to see if anybody saw that. You quickly turn away. You were no snitch for Dolores.

Suddenly, voices started to echo from the town, making all of you look up for some reason. As if they were coming form the sky.

"What's that sound ?" Abuela asks.

"I think it's everyone in town..." Antonio points to the people climbing the hill towards the fallen Casita.

"Hey !" They sing. "Lay down your loan, we're only down the road." They are bringing tools, materials to rebuild Casita. You smile at Mariano's bandaged nose. "We have no gifts but we are many, and we'll do anything for you !"