10. living the celebrity life

You were having fun with Dolores, which made you worry. Your best friend had told you she wanted to forget Mariano and Isabela for the night, a thing you only approved of after she convinced you she would be okay. She laughed at you, saying your were too protecting.

Were you ? Probably. You wanted to make everyone happy.

As she left you to dance with Antonio, you decided to just look up to the jungle sky. Antonio's room was, you were not going to lie, your favorite out of all the ones you had seen. You always loved trees, they made you relax, as if those things that had taken years to grow were watching over you. And the one in Antonio's room was incredible.

You had congratulated the boy after swimming against the crowd's current towards the buffet you had helped to dress, while everyone ran to the five years old's room. Stuffing your mouth with arepas and piling tons of food on a plate, you missed the family photo they took, which wasn't a big deal since you wouldn't be a part of it, but Dolores then insisted the two of you took a picture together. Antonio and Camilo were next, then Luisa. You felt like a celebrity, and you could see your mother smile behind the camera. She and Jorge had arrived just before the beggining of the ceremony.

You were glad the Madrigal grandchildren considered you as their friend, they were all lovely, and those pictures were quite funny to take. Luisa had thrown you up in the air, and you had to retake Camilo and Antonio's picture a few time, the shapeshifter kept turning into random people to surprise you. The picture where he turned into Miguel Santiago was his favorite, the photographer had captured your horrified expression perfectly.

Then, you danced with Dolores for a bit, and now that she was gone, you enjoyed a moment of peace. The branches of the huge tree seemed so far up, and you wondered if you'd have the energy to climb it all up. You'd probably never try, though. It was Antonio's room, and you respected that. Some other villagers didn't seem to understand that, a lady picking up a plant to offer it to her lover.

"Hello, (Y/n)."

You jumped, surprised by Isabela's sudden appearance at your side. You had looked up a bit too long, hurting your neck like an idiot. "Hey, Isa. Having fun ?"

She had just finished her show, making flowers grow to please the villagers, and was taking a deserved break. "You could say that."

You glanced at her, noticing she seemed a bit unfazed by the magical atmosphere. She was probably used to it. "Do you want to take a picture ?" you suddenly demanded. "I'm making a collection of me with the Madrigals." You show her the pictures you already had taken, earning a chuckle.

"Sure. Let's be dicreet, though. Everyone would want a picture with Isabela Madrigal." she jokes in a high-pitched voice, leaving you agape. It was the first time you'd seen her act like that. It was refreshing.

"How lucky I am !" You exclaim, following her to the photographer. She quietly talked to him, and he nodded at what she said.

"I asked for two pictures," she posed next to you. "so that we can each keep one."

"Aw, you want a picture of me." you grinned, nudging her. The flash of the camera suddenly shone, capturing a surprised Isabela with red flowers in her hair and an angelic-looking (Y/n). Isabela didn't have the time to worry about the picture not being perfect that the photographer  was already preparing to take another one. She had to be perfect for this one.

Under your bewildered gaze, she created a flying circle of flowers at the exact moment the picture was took.

___

"I look sooo dumb." you giggle, looking at your idiotic expression on the second picture. Isabela bursts out laughing, seeing how you didn't seem to mind being photogenic or not.

You had retreated in a less crowded spot of the tree to look at your photos in detail.

While, on the second one, Isabela looked perfect, and you like an idiot, the first one was the contrary. Isabela had hated it, until you declared she looked very cute with her bright red cheeks. You realized you liked to embarass her.

"Which one do you want to keep ?" You ask. You were sitting rather close, shoulders almost touching, but neither of you minded. You were just having fun.

"This one." Isabela pointed to the first one, anxious at the idea of you having an imperfect picture of her. She wanted to keep it a secret.

"Aw, but you look so cute here ! It's actually my favorite."

"It's because you look good on it." Isabela chuckled.

"No, it's because I finally caught you showing your true self." you murmur, making her tense up. "Don't get me wrong, I love the other picture too. But I feel like this one is more you."

"Ah ! Why would you, would you, want a picture of my true self, as you call it ?" she struggled to get the words out of her mouth, troubled. You looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"Remember our talk in the kitchen last week ?" she nods shyly. "I told you, you can losen up with me. I feel like this picture is a proof of my success. Look." You put both the photographs in front of you. "In this picture, I look perfect and you don't, which is okay ; you look cute. In the other, you look perfect while... Let's not talk about my face here. The two picture complete each other !"

Isabela hums as she realizes you're right, still not seeing your point.

"You made something imperfect tonight, Isa. It was an accident, but still. I'm proud of you." you smile to her brightly, making her blush.

"Thank you, hermosa." She dared to say, immediately regretting it seeing your smug look.

"What did you call me ?"

"Hermoza. (Y/n) Hermoza, that's your name, right ?" she gets up quickly, red as a tomato. A few red flowers in her hair as she leaves the spot to talk to her Abuela, who thoughtlessly tears the flowers away, as if it was a normal thing to do. She left with the second picture, leaving you the first, 'imperfect' one. You smile.

"Hey there, Luisa." You decide to go up to the Madrigal, who was staying next to the piano in case someone needed her to move it.

"(Y/n). I wanted to thank you again, for, y'know..." she points to her hair. "Lots of people told me they loved it."

"No wonder. It looks good on you."

She smiles at you, clearly not knowing what to say next. Luckily, you knew what to do. You extend a hand to her with a confident smile.

"You dance ?"