Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Pᴇᴘᴀ & Aʟᴍᴀ Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ

𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙿𝚎𝚙𝚊 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 :

"(Y/n)'s a sweetheart, what's more to say ? She's also a special little woman. I'm glad she's friend with Dolores. (Y/n) knows how to make people relax, just like my Félix. Sometimes I'm worried when Camilo and her are together, because they don't seem to think at all.

But she helped him when Casita was falling down. I don't know if Camilo would have ran out if she didn't talk some sense into him. She may be young, but she's one of my best friends."

𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙰𝚕𝚖𝚊 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 :

"(Y/n) Hermoza is a strange young lady. I have misjudged her once, saying that she did not care about my family. But i realized she did care, in fact, and too much, just like me. Expect (Y/n) cared in the right way.

She is precious to all the Madrigals, this I noticed. She takes care of everyone, without waiting for anything in return. It's a good thing her and Isabela are together. (Y/n) is a gem. I will protect her as a member of my family, if she lets me. I know I have a lot of things to fix."

𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚎𝚝 :

"Oh, wow." You flinch as a flying sheet of paper almost hits you in the face. A storm was coming, meaning Pepa Madrigal was upset. You wondered what had put Dolores' mother in such a state.

You had first visited Casita a month ago, and returned a few times, but you never saw anyone else than Camilo, Antonio, Luisa and Mirabel. And Dolores, of course.

The adults were always busy, and so was Isabela. You remembered seeing the eighteen years old enter her room once, but then you didn't see her again.

So you never met Pepa, but from what Dolores had told you, she seemed like an amazing woman. A bit scary, too.

It started raining, but you didn't really care. You had an umbrella, nobody was in the streets, and the heat those past few days had really been hitting you, so the cold was welcome. Maybe Pepa had had some anger build up inside of her and it blew up today. It would explain the weather.

Anyway, it was delivery day, so you had to be outside no matter what. You had a package for an isolated farm, and had to take a path skirting a cornfield. You liked the atmosphere, the wind making waves in the wheat. Your umbrella flips a few time, but you succeed in repairing it. The storm seemed to get stronger the more you approached the center of the field.

A thunderbolt about twenty meters away makes you understand why. "Oh, damn." You let out, catching a glimpse of a figure standing between the plants. "That scared me. Are you okay ?" You scream the last sentence, trying to get Pepa Madrigal's attention. Why was she here by herself when she was clearly upset ?

You hesitantly approach her to find a small clearing in the field. She was standing in the middle of it, visibly trying to calm down. Another thunderbolt near your feet makes you shout, this time catching her attention.

She turns to you, gasping through the tears. Her hands are shaking badly, and she is soaked in rain.

You approach her to protect her with your umbrella, not sure it would work because of her gift, but it did. At least until a violent gust of wind completely flips your umbrella, breaking its spine. This time, it was really done. "Oh, well."

You toss it aside for the moment, focusing on the trembling woman beside you. You offer her your hands, that she gladly takes, squeezing them in an attempt to stop shaking.

It doesn't take you long to get soaked in rain either, but you don't really care. You try to start a conversation.

"Hi, my name is (Y/n) Hermoza. I am Dolores' friend, what a coincidence meeting you here !" You scream so she hears you over the rumbling sound of thunder. She stares at you like you're insane.

"Go along with it ! Trust me !" You encourage her to answer, squeezing her cold hands.

"NICE TO MEET YOU TOO !" She yells, way louder than you. "ARE YOU INSANE ? GO HOME ! IT'S DANGEROUS TO BE OUTSIDE !"

Screaming seems to make her feel a bit better, as you see the beginning of a smile on the corner of her lips. Maybe she just needed to go all out, instead of trying to contain it. But both of you knew you couldn't risk a hurricane.

"BUT IT'S SUCH A BEAUTIFUL DAY ! AND I'VE GOT A DELIVERY TO DO ! AND ALSO, IF IT'S DANGEROUS, WHY ARE YOU HERE ALONE ?"

She lets out a giggle as you raise your voice, trying to compete with her loud yells.

"BECAUSE I'M THE ONE THE DANGER FOLLOWS !" She points to the dark clouds towering over your heads. It did seem to have gotten lighter.

"AH, RIGHT ! I DIDN'T THINK ABOUT THAT ! THEN I'LL STAY WITH YOU !"

"DON'T ! GO HOME !"

"MAKE ME !"

"HOW ?"

"I'LL GO HOME WHEN IT STOPS RAINING ! I LOVE THE RAIN TOO MUCH ! MAKES ME WANT TO DANCE !"

You start to spin Pepa around slowly, still holding her hands. She follows your movements clumsily, all the emotions the storm had let out having tired her out. She laughs as you execute a weird dance move, inviting her to join you. The rain was now just a sprinkle as Pepa spun around. A drizzle, when you pointed finger guns at her and winked, making her snort. And finally, only the distant of thunder remained as you stopped dancing, both of you laughing like maniacs. A rainbow sprung from the ground, not far from you. Pepa gently hugged you.

"Thank you, dear. Thank you for helping me."

She let's go of you with a smile, watching you more carefully.

"Oh my, you're soaked ! Well, me too, but that's another thing. I can't let you go around like that !"

Before you knew it, you were dragged to Casita, your delivery long forgotten. It seemed it often happened when you met a Madrigal.

"I'm back, mamá." Pepa greets her mother as you pass the door. An old woman stands in the courtyard, arms crossed. It was the first time Alma Madrigal set eyes on you. It was terrifying.

"It was oddly quick this time, mija. You did a great job at canalizing your emotions."

"Actually, (Y/n)here helped me- Alright."

Alma was already back to her occupations, not really caring about the outcome of the storm she unknowingly caused herself. A grey cloud appeared above Pepa's head, which she quickly shooed away.

"Now follow me. I was about to ask Dolores to hand you one of her dresses, but I think you're a bit too tall... I'll give you one of mines."

Just like that, you met Pepa, and there began a long trade of clothes between the two of you. Things she didn't want anymore that you absolutely loved, gifts your aunt would give you that Pepa preferred. As for Alma, you barely spoke to her again until the cracks started to show.

___
words : 998