Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Dᴏʟᴏʀᴇs Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ

𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙳𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 :

"(Y/n)'s my best friend. She's always helped me. She always helps everyone, in fact, which kind of annoys me because, like, when does she stop ? She's basically everyone's therapist.

But it's okay, she's an amazing person. She's funny - most of the time - and listens to my rambling about Mariano. I'm thankful she's my friend, because she saved me more than once."

𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 :

"(Y/n), will you deliver this to the Morillos ?" Your mother throws you a package, not doubting you would catch it.

Maybe she should have. It hits you in the face as you turn around to see what she was talking about.

You were eighteen. You had just started working at the shop full-time, and delivery wasn't your cup of tea yet. You groan, caressing your precious nose as you pick you the package from the ground.

"Alright. See you, mom."

As you approach the Morillos' house, you notice a girl looking rather distraught, pacing around nervously. She clutches her hands against her ears, clearly trying to silence something you couldn't hear.

You identify her as Dolores Madrigal. She was nice, from what you heard, and always ready to help, just like the rest of her family. But her behavior was worrying you, so you decided to forget about the package in your bag and approach the girl.

"Hey," You whisper, aware of her hearing gift. "are you okay ?"

Clearly she wasn't. She flinches as your voice assaults her sensible ears, but still nods with a small smile.

She was bothered by the noise in town. You needed to get her out of here, she looked like she could collapse any minute now.

"I'm kidnapping you. Follow me." You plainly say, motioning to a small alley that led to the forest area. Strangely, she followed you trustfully. Maybe she wasn't in a right state of mind. She was lucky you had no bad intentions.

You stop when you reach a small river, quite far from the town. You knew she could hear everything in the Encanto, but maybe putting some distance between her and people would tone it all down.

You sit on a rock near the water, watching her hesitantly take her hands away from her ears. The sound of the stream was always calming to you, and you hoped it would be for her too.

Silently, she takes her shoes off and steps into the cold, clear water. She murmurs something, that you can't hear because of the distance.

"What ?" You quietly ask, knowing she can hear you just fine.

"Thank you."

Her voice is louder, but soft, and she smiles as a small fish swims between some rocks before her.

"It's nothing. Do you feel better ?"

She hums, sighing in relief.

"Wanna talk about it ?"

She hesitates, giving you a side glance, judging whether or not you were trustworthy. But then again, she had followed you here and you hadn't stabbed her yet.

"I just heard things I didn't like. It happens, sometimes."

"Want me to beat up those people ?" She laughs as you try to show off your arm muscles, in vain : you didn't have any.

"No, it's okay. People are allowed not to like me."

"Oh, they were talking shit ?" You frown, taking your shoes off as well and letting your legs hang from the rock so that they would soak in the stream. "If you want to tell me who that was, I can talk shit about them with ya. My dad says there's no one like me to find anyone's problems."

She laughs, walking closer so that she could sit next to you. She was pretty, with big doe eyes, and beautiful frizzy hair. And she seemed nice. Who would ever dare talk shit about her ?

"It's just some girls. Usually, I just direct my attention somewhere else, but this time I couldn't stop focusing on them."

"I see. Do you still hear them here ?"

She puts her hand to her ear, biting her lip pensively. "Yes. They changed subject. They're talking about...which one of them has the sexiest name. Mh !"

"That's so fucking weird."

"You have no idea how many weird things I hear all day."

"Tell me more." You lean towards her, interested. She laughs and boops your nose, making you retreat in defeat.

"First, at least tell me your name."

"(Y/n)."

"Now, that's a sexy name."

"Are you flirting with me ?"

"No. Just stating facts."

"I like you. Be my friend ?"

"Deal."

You shake hands. Dolores flashes a grin. You both stare back into the clear water, in a comfortable silence.

"So, you still don't want me to beat a bitch up ?"

___
words : 716

note :

me : *says I won't post in the next two days because I'm busy with school*

also me : *gets COVID-19 from my mum*🙃

good news(?), I'll be staying at home and therefore writing. means more content for you lol. I hope you enjoy this special episode, I wanted to add a small backstory to (Y/n) and Dolores' friendship.

I'm thinking of doing the same for other members of the family, tell me what you think:)