12. delivery day

"It's delivery day !"

This morning, you basically jumped out of your bed. Your mom assignated you to deliveries, meaning you wouldn't be stuck in the family shop all day. Plus, it was a beautiful day, Pepa being more than delighted by Antonio's successful ceremony.

It wasn't too hot either, and a nice breeze stroke your hair as you stepped outside, followed by your sulking brother. He had begged you to stay at the ceremony until the end, and, since you were having fun, you agreed. He wasn't used to not sleeping much, and the day he would spend filling the shelves with newly arrived products wasn't too exciting.

Jorge dragged his feet behind you, resulting in you arriving five good minutes before him. Your mother was here already, as well as your Tía Lucía, who seemed to be begging her for something.

"Come on, hermanita, just this time ! I'll be polite to everyone and won't forget to make them pay !"

Hearing this, it wasn't hard to understand Lucía was asking her to give her your delivery duty. You scoffed, making your presence known.

"(Y/n), make your aunt go away. She's trying to take your job just for a stupid crush." your mother jokingly asks, knowing she can easily handle her sister if needed.

"A crush ?" you raise an eyebrow, leaning against the wall. "Take my job ?"

Lucía looks at you for a second, deciding whether she should spill the whole story or not.

"Alright, so, long story short, this guy that said he loved sparkles, loved my dress, and the date went smoothly, until someone stepped on the gown and fell, tearing it up. Pedro -that's his name- was turned on by my pretty legs, I mean, I don't blame him, so we went to his house to f-" your mother covered your ears for a few seconds, not wanting you to hear about your aunt's sexuality. "-nd the next morning, I woke up, but accidentally broke one of his lamps. It was okay, though, he didn't really care."

Your aunt stopped, interrupted by her thoughts. She smiled sweetly as she remembered this moment, that you were sure was highly romantic.

"That's... Sweet. I still don't see why you'd want to take care of the deliveries." you argue.

"Ah, yes." Lucía snapped back to reality. "Well, he ordered a new lamp here, and I was hoping you'd let me surprise him with a special delivery."

"Your aunt was thinking she could take half of the deliveries and still get paid for a full day of work." your mother rolls her eyes.

"I need to buy a new dress." Lucía smiled sheepishly. "The last one didn't survive our date."

"Well, I'm fine with Tía doing half the deliveries. I don't mind getting payed less today, if it gives me more free time. But... For you to get paid for a full day, Tía..."

An idea pops up in your head when you see Jorge grogily enter the shop, muttering a 'good morning'.

"You'll have to do Jorge's job, too. Filling the empty shelves."

Your mother looks at you, then at your Tía, finding the idea interesting. Jorge just sits down behind the counter and yawns, not understanding a word you were saying.

"Deal." Lucía extends a hand which your mother shakes.

"(Y/n), I'll give you the lighter packages." Beatriz smiles as Lucía protests, in vain. "Enjoy your day, mija."

"Thanks, mom. See you later. Bye, Tía, have fun, Jorge !"

Your brother just groans, still not aware he was as free as you thanks to your aunt.