Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Aɢᴜsᴛɪ́ɴ & Fᴇ́ʟɪx Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ

𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙰𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚒́𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 :

"(Y/n) is a good person. I think she is great for Isabela. My daughter told me how without (Y/n), she doesn't if she could have told me she didn't want to marry Mariano.

I think she's very wise, in a way, but still a young woman who knows how to have fun. And it's what Isa needs. I have no say in who she dates, anyway, but I'm happy she chose (Y/n)."

𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙵𝚎́𝚕𝚒𝚡 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 :

"Ah, (Y/n)! Her and Camilo always cheat in games, but other than that, she is a great friend. She's fun to talk to, and she listens to my stories when nobody's here to interrupt me.

She was always good to Dolores, too. I'm happy they found each other, I was afraid mi hija was too lonely, but then (Y/n) showed up and she started to smile more often. I'm thankful for that."

𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚎𝚝 :

"Hola ! Welcome !"

You were charged of watching the shop today. It was Monday, so there weren't many customers, and your mother had to run some errands.

You had been working full-time at the shop for around seven months, and it was enough to find out you didn't like being alone to serve people. But it was your punishment for forgetting yet another delivery, a week ago, when you danced with Pepa in the rain. And, maybe, saved the town from a hurricane, but your mom didn't care at all.

"Oh, it's (Y/n) ! Look, Agustín, it's Dolores' friend !"

Félix Madrigal was standing in the doorway, showing his friend his new discovery : you.

"(Y/n)? Who's (Y/n)?" Agustín whispers, not aware you could hear him just fine.

"Come on, I told you about her !" Félix exclaims, not even trying to be quiet. "She helped Pepita the other day. When she made a storm."

"Aaaah, yes. This (Y/n)!"

You stand there, arms crossed over your chest, waiting for them to finish. They finally look back at you with genuine smiles as silence falls, waiting for you to speak.

"Good afternoon, señors. I'm (Y/n), but something tells me you already know that."

Félix laughs sheepishly as Agustín scratches the back of his neck.

"Well, (Y/n), it's nice to meet you. Thank you for helping my Pepi the other day." Félix shakes your hand energetically, and Agustín gently pushes him away, calming his enthusiasm.

"Good afternoon, (Y/n)." He gives you a small wave. "Do you happen to have bandages ?" He shows you his forearm, on which a cut, quite deep but not too serious, is bleeding.

You raise your eyebrow in disbelief. He, Agustín Madrigal, Julieta's husband, was asking for bandages ?

"Hum, yeah..." They follow you to the shelf where you put the few medicinal stuff you got. It wasn't much, Julieta's gift replacing the use for casts and those kind of stuff. You still had a reasonable amount of bandages, though.

"I know what you think, chica." Félix starts, leaning on one of the shelves. "Why does Agustín need a bandage when Julieta makes magical arepas that can heal everything ? Well, let me tell you-"

"It's just Julieta's and Pepa's day off. They are relaxing together, and I don't want to disturb her for this." Agustín interrupts Félix, who was ready to tell you all about the long story of Pepa and Julieta's day.

"That's very sweet." You comment, reaching for some antibiotic disinfectant. "Do you also need this ?"

They look at each other, confused.

"To make sure the cut doesn't get infected." You explain. Maybe they had spent too much time relying only on Julieta's arepas.

"Oooh. Then yes." Agustín gladly takes the bottle, and you lead then to the counter so they can pay.

"Should we apply this now ?" Félix wonders, now worried his friend's cut could get an infection at any moment.

"If you wish, you can use this part of the counter. Please be discreet if any customer enters." You motion to an empty spot of the counter, and they hurry to display everything they need to bandage Agustín's cut. Which is not much, just the bandages and the disinfectant.

They then stare at the small bottle, clueless. You give them a side glance.

"Just apply some on the cut. I'm not sure if you need to do something else either, to be honest."

The three of you shrug, before Agustín opens the bottle and applies a bit of the disinfectant of the wound. He winces at the tingling sensation.

The bandage is soon placed, and Agustín smiles proudly. Félix pats his shoulder.

"We did great." He nods, and you give them a thumb up.

"See you later, (Y/n)! Why don't you come dine with the familia some time ? Dolores should invite you more often !" Félix waves goodbye at you before stepping out of the shop.

"Thank you for your help. Bye, (Y/n)." Agustín smiles before the door Félix had enthusiastically opened closes in his face. "Ouch." He opens the door, waves at you, and heads out after his friend.

They had forgotten the box full of bandages and the half full bottle of disinfectant on the counter, despite having paid for it. You'd give them to Dolores later.
___
words : 719