CHAPTER 7

I had initially intended to visit the Palazzo Hotel and try to get some information on what happened that night so going to Lisbon came as a big surprise. Maybe going to Lisbon isn't such a bad idea. I told myself. It would be an opportunity to meet the Tremblay family. There was little information about them on the internet so all I found was that they moved to Venice in 1972 and immediately began the construction of the Palazzo Hotel.

Thomas Tremblay has a son named Oren Tremblay who works in the jewelry industry and is apparently very successful. Thomas married his most recent wife two years ago but has no children with her. Rumor has it that she's barren but that's just a rumor, I suppose. I tried to look for more information on Oren Tremblay but I couldn't find any. Not even a picture of how he looks.

When Jennifer got home from work, I was sitting in the living room watching TV. She complained about how hectic it was at work so I hesitated on telling her. When she finally seemed more relaxed I told her,

"I'm going to Lisbon."

"What? What are you going to do there?" She sounded genuinely concerned.

"I received an invitation from the Palazzo Hotel about an event that will take place in Lisbon." I looked forward to her opinion.

" Oh my God, that's great. When are you leaving?" She seemed very enthusiastic almost as if she wanted me gone.

"This Friday."

"Well... that's pretty soon. You don't have that much time to get ready but don't worry I'll help you out. Let's go shopping tomorrow."

"Thank you Jennifer but no. I've already taken so much from you. I don't know how I'm going to repay you."

"Just think of it as a helping hand coming from a friend. We're friends right?" Hearing her call me a friend when I had also received a message from an unknown number telling me to not trust anyone bothered me. Of course, I couldn't tell her that. I decided to play along.

"Alright. I accept. But when I get back I'll start the procedures to stay in Venice. I can't find my aunt on a visitor's visa. I also have to pay you back everything."

"For now, all you have to think about is what you're going to do in Lisbon. Don't stress about the rest."

Right. Lisbon. I have to face the Tremblay family. The next day we went shopping and went home with bags full of clothes, shoes and everything else I needed. I honestly couldn't help but be suspicious of where Jennifer got all that money. I had called the number that contacted me about the event so the ticket and guest card were sent to me via e-mail.

Before I knew it, Jennifer was accompanying me to the airport and we parted ways as I got ready to board my flight to Lisbon, Portugal.

Sitting on the plane, the air hostess asked me what I would like to drink and immediately I thought about my flight from New York to Venice. I had been asked the same question but at that time I simply cried which seemed to scare the hostess.

This time I calmly asked for a glass of wine and planned to just sleep on the way.

Wine just helps me sleep better.