CHAPTER 21

The halls of the room were softly carpeted, the sitting area was comfortable, with a windowed wall that looked over a street. Should I just run? Where should I go?

My chest suddenly tightened making it a nightmare to breathe so I said, " Pull out." Oren had already stopped thrusting inside me probably because he realized his mistake, but he didn't pull out.
"Lorelei... listen to me," he placed his hands on my arms. I couldn't resign myself to the fact that he called me another woman's name so I hid my glare from him. We were still in that awkward position which made me even more angry.
"Pull out," I insisted.
He slowly pulled out and began to fix himself up. I, in contrast, remained standing there. I didn't have the strength to fix myself up so when Oren was done, he looked at me, sighed and reached down to my knees and pulled up my underwear. I suddenly felt the need to see the expression he had on his face but when I saw it, I wished I never had.

The blank look went right through me so I fell down to my knees and began to cry. How could I have been so stupid? I placed my face in the palm of my hands to avoid his eyes.
"I'm not going to say I'm sorry because I know it wouldn't change a thing." He knelt down and wrapped his arms around me.
"Let me go," I firmly said.
"I won't. I don't want to." His tone almost sounded sincere but I decided to never trust him again.

Before I could pull out of his embrace, he pulled me even closer and said, "I don't know how I'm going to make it up to you but I will. Please believe me, I never wanted to hurt you."
"But you did and you can't change that."
"I know... I know... but don't close the door on me. I promise to make you forget about this incident. Just trust me. Okay?"
"I can't. Even if I wanted to."
His chest felt so warm and comforting that for I second I almost gave in. I wanted to forgive him and overlook it but the mere thought of what happened irked me.

I can't... I won't forgive you, Oren.