CHAPTER 39

Lorelei breathed in and out three times and took her position ready to strike. She knew the chances were slim but she wanted to try anyway.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can. Give it all that you've got." She took a step back, balanced her weight on her right foot and threw her fist as hard as she could. Just fifty degrees to the side, Oren bent, stretched out his arm and gripped her fist, completely neutralizing her attack.
"You could have landed that blow if you had proper training. To make this fair, I'll give you two more attempts." He was so tolerant of her, so accepting. Lorelei felt grateful but after what had just happened, her confidence was crumbling.

For her second attempt, she used the same technique and the result was obviously the same. This time, Oren chuckled which made Lorelei furious.
"You just used the same technique twice. I bet you'll do it again the third time." He smiled coolly at her.
"I won't. Trust me, that was just a distraction." The truth is, it wasn't. She just couldn't figure out another way to strike him other than directly.
The third time Lorelei decided to add a little twist. She planned to throw her fist like before, but this time if he gripped it, she would use her other hand and throw a punch before he even knew it. Cheating, she admitted to herself. When she was finally ready, she took the same position as before, threw her fist as hard as she could and as she anticipated, Oren gripped it. She raised her other fist to strike him but surprisingly he gripped that one too. She couldn't come to terms with what had just taken place even though she was impressed.
"You looked honest when you first walked in. I didn't know you had in you to play dirty. Since you started it, don't mind if I do the same." His eyes met hers, and in some ways he seemed more like a lover but that was part of what she liked about him, and more than that, it was what she desperately wanted at that moment.

He took her in his arms, brushed the hair behind her ear and kissed her. His lips felt incredibly soft, his moist tongue touched hers and they both felt so out of breath. He kissed her like he wanted to have her and she kissed him back with the same passion. When their lips finally parted, Oren's heart couldn't stop racing and he wanted more. He looked at her and said, "We'll get married at five o'clock today. I've already taken care of all the documents including your new ID."