CHAPTER 9

Lisbon is a beautiful city. My aunt and her late husband lived here when I was growing up and when we visited them, I thought that the city was like Venice.

And like any city, Lisbon has its own modest working-class towns, and to me it simply shows the reality not so much seen on media outlets.

I froze when Oren Tremblay suddenly uttered those silly words. My future husband? Is he crazy?

"I told you to have a seat because I knew my words would shock you." His tone became businesslike.

I hesitated.

"Don't be afraid. I'm not going to hurt you. Let's just sit down and talk."

He sat down on the couch and looked at me like he was sure I would give in. I wondered how he knew me and why he had said those words so I decided to find out. I sat down on one of the chairs and immediately it hit me. Oren Tremblay. He's the son of Thomas Tremblay. I gasped.

"So you just realized who I am. That's good. It'll save us a lot of time."

"Why am I here Mr. Tremblay?" I spoke with a hostile tone.

"You don't have to call me that. Oren is fine." He sounded friendly and calm.

"It's Mr. Tremblay to me." I glared at him and abruptly he chuckled.

"So that's how it's going to be huh? I thought that approaching you nicely was a good idea but I guess I was wrong. Looks like you chose the hard way." He loosened his tie, took off his jacket and rolled up his sleeves which frightened me.

What was he going to do to me? I just wanted to get up and run as fast as I could but I froze. My face became expressionless. I couldn't even remember the techniques they taught in that self-defense class.

"You don't think I'm going to take you by force, do you? I'm a lot of bad things but I could never force a woman in bed." He smiled. It was as if he could read my thoughts and I suddenly hated myself for thinking that he had a cute smile.

"I'm not scared of you." I couldn't let him have the upper hand.

"Well... you should be because when you walk out of this room you'll be Mrs. Lorelei Tremblay."

"Are you crazy? Why would I marry a guy like you? Much less a guy I barely know. It's completely absurd."

To be honest, aside from his personality he is the full package. He comes from a rich family, has his own company and he's one you could call gorgeous for a guy. On top of that, his smile is stupidly cute.

"I heard that you were looking for your aunt. Don't you want to see her?"

"How do you know my aunt?" My eyes grew wide.

"If you marry me, I'll tell you where you can find her." "No. I won't marry you." I stood my ground. I wanted to find aunt Pauline but not like this. Marrying a total stranger, on top of that a member of the Tremblay family. That would be insane.

I will never marry into the family that took everything away from me.