CHAPTER 16

I had to cut out all the feelings I had developed for Oren Tremblay. After I spoke to him, I went to the bathroom and shed a few tears. It's not like we were together in the first place. Nevertheless, it hurt. Hearing those words from him was torture. I didn't want things to get out hand so I suggested forgetting what happened. Little did I know that he would actually take me for a prostitute.

I calmed myself down and decided to just ignore him. Wiping the tears off my face, I took off my clothes and stepped in the shower.

As the water slid down my body I remembered his touch. I began to aggressively scrub my body in hopes of erasing his traces. I was so angry with him but I didn't hate him. In fact, I wished we weren't fighting.

After a long refreshing shower, I stepped out, changed into my favorite shirt and put on my sweatpants. I went to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast but Oren had already done it.
"Sit down. I made frittata." He put a serving of the frittata on a plate.
"No, thanks. I'll make something for myself." Why drag this act any longer? I told myself.
"I'm not going to repeat myself Lorelei. Sit down and eat." I knew that he wasn't going to let it go so I calmly went and sat on the dining table.

Oren served me the frittata and poured me some fresh coffee. I took a bite and was still amazed by his cooking skills. He sat down and said, "Is there something else that you would like?" he took a bite of the frittata himself.
"No, thank you." I didn't display any emotion.
"We're going shopping so make sure you get that look off your face."
"What look?"
"The sulking princess look you're wearing on your face." Did he just call me a princess? If anything I was far from it. I almost burst out in laughter but I managed to muster a faint smile.
"You look beautiful when you smile." I couldn't believe the extent of his hypocrisy. He clearly called me a slut this morning. Why is he being nice? I wondered.
"You look handsome when you're not talking." I decided to shut down his corny remarks.
"Do you want me to shut that beautiful mouth with mine?" I rolled my eyes.
He angrily tossed his fork and the scene from last night clouded my thoughts.
"Don't worry. Nothing's going to happen." It's like he knew my thoughts even before I knew them myself.
"Of course not. It's never going to happen again." I wasn't sure why I was talking back at him but maybe deep down I just wanted to provoke him.

He stood up from across and approached me. He leaned close to my face and my cheeks instantly became flushed.
"A moment ago you were acting all tough, but looking at your red cheeks now turns me on."
He stared down on me with a blazing hot passion and I loved it. He took my face in his hands which melted away all my anger and he kissed me. I reached out for his neck and pulled him closer. My anger was slowly fading and my thoughts only had Oren in them.

Why can't I stay mad at him?