CHAPTER 36

"She's just like you,Vivi," Oren said. "She'll never concede, but when I finally get her to agree to this marriage, everything will work out just fine. I'll protect her no matter what it costs."
Vivienne smiled at him. She was starting to understand that he hadn't meant to hurt her that night.
Oren looked at his watch. It was almost time. He hadn't intended to take long to convince Lorelei, but he remembered that he would've been upset if she conceded immediately. He was used to having women at his feet but that wasn't what turned him on. The fire in Lorelei's eyes did the job perfectly well.
"Get up," Oren said. Lorelei seemed like she didn't understand what he had just said. "We're going to fight," he added. He sounded serious but what he said felt like a joke to Lorelei.
"This is absurd Mr. Tremblay. I didn't know you could make such an unpleasant joke."
"Oh! but I'm serious. If you manage to land a blow on me, I'll give up. I won't ask you to marry me." He leaned close to her face but she looked away. What he really wanted was to touch her and be close to her. He had other ways to convince her but he chose that way instead. "I'm not going to play your silly game."  Although she said those words with confidence, she couldn't hide the fact that she was panicking. Having him so close made her uncomfortable.
"Don't look away when I'm talking to you." Oren's voice was stern. It felt like he was giving an order. She turned to look at him with a gaze that screamed "You don't have power over me."

Oh! but he did. At least, that's what Oren thought. "I like that look in your eyes. It's a shame it won't last long because I plan to break that pride of yours into pieces." Lorelei didn't seem to be intimidated by his words. "Try your best Mr. Tremblay. Just try." She scoffed at his statement. Oren became furious, so he decided to use her weakness to tame her. He leaned closer to her ear and whispered, "Your aunt always wears a necklace with a jade-green pendant, right?"
She couldn't believe it. How did he know that? At first, it felt like he was bluffing but only someone who actually knew her aunt would know about the necklace. She decided to play his game. Though her chances were slim, she didn't want to go down without a fight. "Alright. Let's fight. But if I win, you're going to tell me where my aunt is." Oren felt happy that she agreed. It meant that his plan was working. "Sounds good to me." He smiled. At the sight of his confidence, Lorelei began to doubt herself.  He looked like the type to work out regularly while she didn't even go for morning jogs.

Oren straightened his back, went and stood before his desk seemingly waiting for her. She was thankful she wore a simple black t-shirt with jeans and paired them with her converse sneakers. She stood up from her seat and walked to him but stopped a few steps away.
"Do you need a minute?" He could see how nervous she was. "No let's just do this. But...before we start...you're not going to hit me back are you?"
"Hahaha, Of course not. I would never lay a hand on you." Unless I'm fucking you, he thought. He almost lost his composure but he managed to stay still.

I wonder what you're going to do when you find out the truth. I just hope by that time, you won't remember to hate me.