Epilogue

"Get up," he said.I was puzzled by his sudden request.I looked up to him as he stood close to where I was sitting I said, "Why?"
"We're going to fight." I almost laughed but I held it in.

"This is absurd Mr. Tremblay. I didn't know you could make such jokes."

"Oh, but I'm serious. If you manage to land a blow on me I'll give up. I won't ask you to marry me." He leaned close to my face so I looked away.

"I'm not going to play your silly game." I panicked. Having him so close was becoming uncomfortable.

"Don't look away when I'm talking to you." His voice was stern. It was almost as if he was giving me an order. I turned to look at him with an intense fire in my eyes that told him that he didn't have power over me.

"I like that look in your eyes. It's a shame it won't last long because I plan to break it into pieces." I scoffed at his statement.

"Try your best Mr. Tremblay. Just try."

He leaned even closer to my ear and whispered, "Your aunt always wears a necklace with a jade-green pendant, right?"

I couldn't believe it. How did he know that? Could it be that he actually knows where she is? I wondered. I decided to play his game. Maybe I can win, I thought.

"Alright. Let's do it. But if I win, you're going to tell me where my aunt is."

"Sounds good to me." He smiled. Urgh, the confidence in the way he smiled. Can I really land a blow on him? I began to doubt myself. He looked like the tpye that seriously works out and I... I barely even go for a jog.

He straightened his back, went and stood before his desk seemingly waiting for me. Thankfully, I wore a simple black t-shirt with jeans and paired them with my converse sneakers. I stood up from my seat and walked to him but stopped a couple of inches away from him.
"Do you need a minute?" He almost tricked me into believing that he actually cared.

"No. Let's just do this. But... before we start... you're not going to hit me back, are you?"

"Hahaha, Of course not. I would never lay a hand on you." What does that even mean? I decided to not read too much into it.

I breathed in and out three times and took my position ready to strike.

"I want you to hit me as hard as you can. Give it all that you've got."

I took a step back, balanced my weight on my right foot and threw my fist as hard as I could. Just fifty degrees to the side, he bent, stretched out his arm and gripped my fist, completely neutralizing my attack.

"You could have landed that blow if you had proper training. To make this fair, I'll give you two more attempts." I was grateful for his generosity but after what had just happened, my confidence had hit rock bottom."

For my second attempt, I used the same technique and the result was obviously the same. This time he chuckled which made me furious.

"You just used the same technique twice. I bet you'll do it again the third time."

"I won't. Trust me, that was just a distraction." To be honest, it wasn't. I just couldn't figure out another way to strike him other than directly.

The third time I decided to add a little twist. I planned to throw my fist like before but this time If he gripped it I would use my other hand and throw a punch before he even knew it. Cheating, I know. I didn't have much of a choice.

I took the same position as before, threw my fist as hard as I could and as I anticipated, he gripped it. I raised my other fist to strike him but surprisingly he gripped that one too. How could he neutralize that surprise attack too? Even though I had lost I was genuinely impressed.

"You looked honest when you first walked in. I didn't know you had it in you to play dirty. Since you started it don't mind if I do the same."

He took me in his arms, brushed the hair behind my ear and kissed me. His lips felt incredibly soft, his moist tongue touched mine and I felt so out of breath. He kissed me like he wanted to have me and I kissed him back with the same intensity.

When our lips finally parted, my heart couldn't stop racing. He looked at me and said, "We'll get married at five O'clock today. I've already taken care of all the documents including your new ID."