CHAPTER 17

I think I made it to my room on automatic pilot. All I could think about was what had just happened. Was it an apology? I couldn't keep from wondering.

Yesterday I had gone from talking to Oren to sleeping with him and beginning to fantasize about our life together. I was clearly getting swept away by my feelings that I didn't remember why I agreed to marry him in the first place. After carefully analyzing the situation I realized that there was something odd about Oren Tremblay. He clearly knew me before I walked through that door and the fact that he knew my aunt wore a jade-green pendant was no joke. I desperately needed to find my aunt. I had so many questions for her. Why didn't she come to say her last goodbyes? Why was she hiding? But more importantly, why did she fight with my mom?

As the questions ran through my head Oren knocked on the door.
"Are you ready?" He asked.
"Almost." I rushed to look for a decent outfit.
"We're getting late. Hurry up." He remained at the door.
Seeing that Oren told me that we would go shopping, I decided to wear a black, Harriet lace inset, long sleeve dress that Jennifer bought me. I wore the dress with my gracey strappy sandals that I brought from New York. It had been ages since I tended to my curly hair so I decided to just wear it down.

I picked out a purse, grabbed my phone and hurriedly sprung open the door.
"I thought you were almost done. If I knew you were going to take another hour, I would have waited in the car." Oren said.
"I'm sorry," I said indignantly. "We can go now." We headed down to the hotel lobby and my God were we treated like royalty. It took me a minute to notice but Oren definitely looked like a prince. His conduct, the way he spoke, all of it screamed "born with a silver spoon in my mouth."

We walked outside and a Rolls Royce was already waiting for us. The driver courteously opened the door and I entered with Oren after me. The ride was quite since both me and him were staring at our screens. I tried to look for more information on him and his family but I still didn't get anything worth looking into. About fifteen minutes later, we stopped at a place called Fashion Clinic, a very famous boutique in Lisbon.
We stepped out and surprisingly Oren held my hand. I overlooked it and we made our way into the shop.
"Good morning Mr.Tremblay. We've been expecting you." One of the employees, a slim, dark-haired, lovely woman welcomed us.
"Good morning," he replied.
"My wife is looking for a dress. Actually we have a press conference to attend and a dinner party afterwards. She can choose two dresses, if need be."
My eyes grew wide. The press conference. How could I forget? With all that had happened, my mind had been elsewhere. I couldn't believe that I had forgotten such an important event.

All because of Oren Tremblay...