CHAPTER 44

Oren wasn't sure what he felt for Lorelei. He knew he wanted her in his bed but falling in love meant other things. Way back when he was with Vivienne, he wanted nothing more. He simply wished for a quiet, peaceful life with her and didn't care about the money or the fame. But she betrayed him, hence the trust issues.
  Lorelei made his heart flutter the way Vivienne did, but this time it was slightly different. She was more resilient, more valiant than Vivi could ever be. She looked at him with a flame so intense, the look was engraved in his memory. They bumped into each other as Lorelei was heading to the kitchen.
"I made some beef ragu with tagliatelle. Would you like some wine too?" Oren hoped she would say yes because that would be a perfect way to put her at ease.
"Yes, please." As glad as he was that she had accepted, Oren showed no emotions whatsoever. He leaned close to her face and Lorelei's cheeks turned red, so he wanted to tease her for it.
"You look beautiful, I almost kissed you."
"Uh- let's eat. The food might get cold." She stumbled on her words. How cute, he thought. He had told her that their marriage would be an act but seeing her made him forget everything. He wanted to hug her, shower her with kisses and make love to her all night.

  Lorelei walked into the small private kitchen and was welcomed by an intensely yummy smell. She hadn't had lunch and felt a bit faint, so she quickly sat down on the dining table. This made Oren happy. He never got to make food for Vivi but at least now she could do it for Lorelei.
  He served the food, brought two glasses and poured the wine. He sat down and immediately, Lorelei took a mouthful of the food. Nervously waiting for her comment, Oren didn't utter a word, so Lorelei just assumed that it was some etiquette about not talking while eating that she too had to follow. She proceeded to take another bite and it was as delicious as the first one. Finally, she sipped on the wine and she felt genuinely satisfied because good wine always made her happy.
  "How's the food?" He couldn't wait for her anymore.
  " Uhm... it's delicious. Thank you." His words took her by surprise, so she tried to sound calm but his skills had impressed her. Before she could take another bite she suddenly had the urge to make small talk, "where did you learn how to cook?"
  "I hired a chef to teach me. If you want, I can teach you everything I know." And he meant it. He liked that he had caught her attention, he wanted more.
  "How do you know that I can't cook?" Something about the way she said that made part of him want to laugh, so he chuckled. He knew her so well, he wondered if she knew herself at all.
"I know a lot of things about you Lorelei." He noticed that his statement irritated her. "When will I get to know you, Mr. Tremblay?" Her tone was getting defensive.
"Get that look off your face and I might tell you something." He managed to bring out that look on her face that turned him on. He couldn't take it anymore, so he violently tossed his fork on the table, wiped his mouth and stoop up. He approached her and leaned close to her face. Close enough for their noses to touch.
  This time she planned to defy him, so she didn't look away. They stared at each other like they wanted to devour one another and it drove them crazy. He kissed her. His hand quickly went into her hair, his tongue ferociously rubbing against hers and she didn't push him away. He took it as a sign of consent and tossed  the plate violently on the ground. Grabbing her by the waist he lifted her, placed her on the table while he continued to kiss her. He felt so intoxicated and so did she. So, she began to hold onto him and before she knew it, she was moaning.

  "I'm going to make love to you tonight, don't try to stop me." He was nervous while saying those words because he didn't know what he would do if she rejected him.