CHAPTER 13

I'm not sure when I started to fall in love with Oren Tremblay. Maybe it was the first time I saw him. Way back when I was a high school sophomore, I was invited by a senior to prom. I had a crush on him that wouldn't go away, but then he went to college and didn't give me the time of day when he came home. Big shot, I guess.

I almost forgot what it feels like to have butterflies in my stomach. I liked Oren more than I could admit and I hated it. We bumped into each other on my way to the kitchen.

"I made some beef ragu with tagliatelle. Would you like some wine too?"

"Yes, please."

He leaned close to my face and it felt like I was set on fire.

"You look beautiful, I almost kissed you." He teased.

"Uh- let's eat. The food might get cold." I stumbled on my words. His seductive words sounded so mature yet childishly cute. I wanted to believe that he actually liked me but I couldn't. Our marriage was an act and I convinced myself that his words were an act too. I walked into the small private kitchen and was welcomed by an intensely yummy smell. I hadn't had lunch and I felt a bit faint so I quickly sat down on the dining table. Oren was kind enough to serve the food and didn't seem to be bothered by it. He also brought two glasses and poured the wine. He finally sat down and he didn't have to tell me to help myself because I immediately took a whole mouthful of the food. He didn't utter a word so I guessed it was some etiquette about not speaking while eating that I had to follow. I took another bite and it felt out of this world. When I sipped on the wine it felt genuinely satisfying because good wine always make me happy.

"How's the food?" He finally spoke.

"Uhm... it's delicious. Thank you." I tried to sound calm but his skills were quite impressive. Before I could take another bite I suddenly felt like making small talk , "Where did you learn how to cook?"

"I hired a chef to teach me. If you want I can teach you everything I know." He seemed to enjoy my remark that sounded like a compliment.

"How do you know that I can't cook?" He chuckled.

"I know a lot of things about you Lorelei." I suddenly felt irritated. "When will I get to know about you Mr. Tremblay?"

"Get that look off your face and I might tell you something." I looked at him with an expression that said I don't plan on doing that which in return upset him. He violently tossed his fork on the table, wiped his mouth and stood up. He walked to where I was sitting and leaned close to my face. Close enough for our noses to touch.

This time I had a defiant aura so I didn't look away. We stared at each other like we wanted to devour one another and it drove me crazy. He kissed me. His hand quickly went into my hair, his tongue continuously rubbing against mine and I didn't do anything to stop him. Abruptly, he tossed the plate violently on the ground, lifted me and placed me on the table while he continued to kiss me. I felt so intoxicated that I began to hold onto  him and before I knew it, I was moaning and moving by his rhythm.

I didn't know when my legs parted but I could suddenly feel him rubbing against me.

"I'm going to make love to you tonight so don't try to stop me." His tone sounded so desperate yet so tender.

I wanted to have him even if it was for a night.