CHAPTER 12

I wasn't sure if I'd been in my right mind when I went to the hotel from Oren's office because for some reason I didn't feel as bad as I thought I would. He had a driver pick me up and left me at the entrance where I was welcomed by an unknown person. As soon as I stepped out of the car, a certain Callie introduced herself as my personal assistant and according to her, it was my husband who hired her.

In her introduction, she was hired by Mr. Tremblay to take care of me during my stay in Lisbon after that another assistant would be assigned to me in Venice where we will live together. What?

Are we actually going to live together? We didn't actually talk about that but Oren had mentioned something about an arrangement in Venice. Maybe this is what he was referring to. Our marriage was nothing but a sham. I only agreed to marry him in case he had some information on my aunt so as soon as I got what I wanted I would leave. To top it off, it was a golden opportunity to get close to the Tremblay family, if I wasn't going to destroy them from outside then taking them out from the inside was my only chance. But why did my mind keep coming back to Oren?

I arrived at my suite with Callie and as to be expected the room was magnificent. It had a massive set of rooms that includes a ten-seat dining room, a private screening room, a personal gym and two bedrooms.

"Why is there two bedrooms?" I asked Callie.

"Your husband asked for two separate rooms."

So he's going to stay here too? I pondered on the idea of having him stay just a few steps away from my room.

"Apart from all this, there's also a twenty-four hour butler service--- and a Rolls-Royce with a chauffeur on a twenty-four hour call, just in case you need to move around."

After our brief tour of the suite, I decided to go to my room, take a steamy shower and just rest. I dismissed Callie for the rest of the day who informed me that she would be available anytime I needed her. She was serious-looking, aged anywhere from twenty-five to thirty, and had a full head of straight, red hair and a determined chin. It reminded me of Jennifer. I decided that I would call her the next morning and tell her all that had happened. For now I'll just hop in the shower, I told myself.

I removed my clothes and went in the bathroom. I let the water run for a couple of minutes trying to figure out how to turn on the hot water but suddenly I heard a familiar voice, "Press that little button on your left." Oren? How did he get in? Why is he here? I mean... my mind went completely blank and I couldn't even turn to face him. He approached me from behind and I held my breath. He pressed the button on the left and said, "You don't have to hold your breath. I won't touch you."

"Get out." I gathered some courage. Even though he had seen everything, I hoped that he would just go.

"Alright. I'll make dinner. Don't take long." He walked out and closed the door and I could finally breath. He saw me naked. I sighed as I held my flushed face in my hands. His voice sounded so calm and soothing that I doubted if I actually hated him seeing my naked body. I wanted to hate everything about him but I simply couldn't.

In fact, I kind of liked everything about him.