Chapter 38

THIRD PERSON

As everyone held their breaths watching the scene before their eyes, the barrier that was separating the girl and everyone else vanished in time. Nakatayo sa harap ng lahat ang naliligo sa dugo na galing sa mga naging kalaban nila si Cassidy.

They stared at her bloody appearance but not once they felt the urge to gagged at the stench of blood creeping onto their nose.

Lahat sila ay takot gumalaw at maabot ng sandatang bitbit nito.

Unang lumapit si Len kay Cassidy at tinapik-tapik ang ulo n'ya. "I dunno how and why but without you, the Academy will be pretty much in a battle in comparison to war by now. The whole LMA owes you, Cassidy.

"Well done."

The owner of glowing blood-red eyes stared at the woman in front of her and felt herself calming a bit. Cassidy bowed her head as if to accept the gratitude and stood up straight again. Hawak ang sandata sa kamay, itinaas n'ya ito ng bahagya and swung it once, causing the blood clinging on the scythe flung to the ground, leaving the weapon's blade shining clean again.

"My pleasure," sagot ni Cassidy.

Tinignan pa muna ni Len ang dalaga bago nagtawag nang isa sa mga guro upang pasabihan ang dumating na reinforcements na galing sa ibang kaharian na magsibalik at magtira nang iilan lamang upang linisin ang buong grounds ng LMA.

Sa kabila ng pagiging abo ng mga Demians matapos maabot ng Hell's Scythe, di mapagkakailang ang dumi tingnan ng mga ito lalo na at pag nililipad ay dumidikit sa mga dugong nagsitalsikan sa paligid, creating lumps on the ground. Not to mention the stench and uncomfortable smell.

Si Cassidy naman ay nanatiling nakatayo habang kinakalma ang malakas na pagkabog ng kanyang puso. She doesn't know why but whenever things like these happens, her heart will pump up in excitement. A huge rush of adrenaline will surge inside her body making her mind chaotic. Sometimes, she can't even distinguish between who doesn't needs to and needs to die.

She reasoned in her mind, 'Pasensyahan nalang siguro 'to peste.'

The other teachers in proximity helped their headmistress in dismissing their students and urge them all to wash up and take a rest.

"You must be all hungry and tired... The whole Academy deeply apologizes as we have performed poorly in terms of asking reinforcements from other allied forces. We promise to address this negligence in the next meeting so things like delayed back ups won't happen again. As your Headmistress, I deeply and greatly apologize." Headmistress Len Rowen performed a ninety degree bow that made the students and other teachers' breathing hitched.

Di naman nila naisip isisi ang nangyari sa Academy sa pagkapabaya nito pagdating sa paghingi ng tulong. Sure, their safety as a worker and student of this Academy comes first but these kind of cases cannot be avoided. As the future protector of their world, all of them just have to perform their duties as well. They must be ready at all times. So to answer their in distressed headmistress, they shrugged their shoulders saying "it's okay" to assure her that it was really fine. Pati ang asawa nito na si Henry ay sumali sa pag-alo na nakatanggap lamang ng hampas.

"Took you long enough to come. Buti nalang we have reliable students in here that are willing to help," sabi ni Len habang hinihilot ang sentido, nagbabadyang sasakit sa dami ng isipin.

Napakamot sa leeg si Henry. "I'm sorry, we really tried our best para madaling makapunta dito but the transportation circle sa loob ng Academy ang naging problema. As you can guess, di nito kaya ang napakadaming pwersang sabay-sabay pumapasok galing sa iba't-ibang lugar. The size is not enough and we can't communicate from different Kingdoms all at once."