Chapter 43

THIRD PERSON

"Come to think of it, Jace said you were played at by an elf dito sa loob ng palasyo?" Natatawang tanong ng reyna nang maalala ang naikwento ni Jace sa kanya.

Cassidy's brow twitched at the question pero pinatiling kalmado ang kanyang itsura. She said, "I don't know if it's an elf or a human, your majesty."

"Why not?"

"I haven't seen an elf myself, nor I know anything about them. Actually, it wasn't that long nang nalaman kong totoo sila. I don't listen to lectures that much," paliwanag ni Cassidy habang inaayos ang gown na suot.

Long and flowing high-ponytailed raven hair down to her waist paired up with the high slit, backless dark colored gown that fits perfectly on her body ang makikita mo kay Cassidy. Silver heels that is tall and fit enough for her feet para iwas sakit, silver purse for other paraphernalia, and finally, a silver mask hanging loosely on her neck, covering the necklace with the same color, waiting for it's turn to be fully displayed the moment it'll sit on her face.

The smoky make-up she puts on will be covered for at least a few minutes before it'll be revealed to the crowd. The pair of crystal earrings she's wearing was even specially made just for this event. It is a personal gift from the queen.

Jace can't even take his eyes off of her nang lumabas s'ya sa kwarto n'ya kanina. Except, imbes na matuwa dahil mas gumanda s'ya, ang tingin nito ay parang mangangain ng tao, waring nagkaroon s'ya ng maraming problema bigla nang makita ang itsura ni Cassidy.

Said Jace was now standing on her right side, wearing his handsome black suit, a flare brooch on his left chest, and a cape to add on his right, covering the top of his shoulder down to his hand. By adding it, it gave him a dark prince-ly look.

"Oh, that's why." Tango ng hari sabay sabing, "but it's easy to tell if there's an elf among humans. You just need to look at their eyes and ears."

"Really? What's in there?"

"Their ears are long and pointed, while they have dead fish eyes," sabat ng reyna. "May mga matutulis din silang ngipin, but above all, they are also very good looking."

"Is that so... then I guess, the guy from before ay hindi isang elf," sabi ni Cassidy habang naghahanda nang pumasok sa bulwagan. The ball will officially start the moment the first elder, together with their escort, entered the hall.

Tonight is the night kung kailan idadaos ang ball. The kings and queens from other kingdoms have already entered together with the other guests and what was left to start the event ay ang mga main character nitong masayang pagtitipon; the king and queen of Light Crystal Kingdom, na s'yang huling papasok sa hall.

Queen Ellaine with her pure and sparkling white gown, paired up with long, and circular crystal earrings stood magnificently at the hall. The crown that sits perfectly on her head, in her thoroughly done hair, glistened when touched by the artificial lights caused by the chandeliers hanging in the ceiling.

Beside the queen was naturally her king.

Broad shoulders were outlined as the king's white suit hugged his body perfectly. Sharp features and long legs, a crystal brooch sitting on his right chest, King Vince is an epitome of a king born as a prince a charming. His crown looks even more magnificent in the sea of artificial lights.

"Paano mo nasabing hindi elf?" tanong ni Jace.

"E hindi naman mahaba at matulis ang mga tenga nun e. He have a rather playful eyes while his teeth weren't that sharp either... that one's good-looking though."

"Some of them are long-haired, if I remembered correctly," sabi ni Jace.

"Hindi rin. Brown-haired, gray eyes, mole on his jaw... carefree smile, sharp nose, slick eyes, pointed brows..."paglilista ni Cassidy isa-isa sa mga naalala n'ya. "...as tall as Jace, at most, at the same age."