chapter 24

Trixy's POV

Everyone was asleep. Finally. I disentangle myself from who ever had a leg thrown over me, I think it was Austin but I am not to sure. I stood up and made my way to the stairs looking around to check no one has woken up.

Thankfully, all I could hear was soft breathing and snores. I made my way up to my room and locked the door. I then grabbed my black book and jumped out of the window and out onto the roof.

The roof was slanted but with a flat bit near the middle. I sat down and looked over the city which was emerged in darkness. With the bleak semi circle contrasting the darkness promising the arrival of the sun.

I loved this time of the morning. Back home I would be walking out into the brisk early morning. I always watch the battle as the day and night fight for dominance with the night slowly retreating and the sun rising in its glory.

That would be my cue to start the day. I would walk around the sheep and the cattle. And lastly to the horses. I have one permanent horse on the farm called shadow. He is a huge black stallion who I ride when I move the cattle. There are ten other stables that are rented out but I have little to do with them unless the owners pay for my services. There are close to 30 sheep on the farm and 17 cattle. Then there are two fields of crop. My father bought two neighbouring small farms and merged them. He kept one for animal farming and one for crops.

The days would always be tiresome and not always consisted of nice chores for example mucking out the stables and the pens was never... an amazing job. But it was never the same everyday. People think I am mad for loving farm work but it runs in my blood and I fell complete when I am there. I would give up modelling in an instant for a chance to go back to my farm. I could help but envision how the workers my grand parents hired could easily cause my profit to decrease.

I decided I would call 'hello?' came a voice from the phone.

'hello its Trix I was phoning to see how everything is working' I replied in my business tone.

'hello ma'am I'm Blake the finance keeper. yes everything is running smoothly would you like me to run through the works?' he asked sounding confidant but respectfully knowing full well who I was. I am quite well known in the world of farming thanks to my fathers legacy.

He ran through the lists of our ins and outs and I made changes accordingly.

The profits where high still thankfully but there was still little details that needed to be changed.

'Blake could you possibly inform everyone that I will be coming down this Thursday night? I will be aiming to arrive around 9pm. I will be staying until Monday night potentially Tuesday morning. I will be inspecting to make sure everything is in control I give you full permission to handle anything I wont like accordingly before I find out about it.'

'y-yes ma'am. I will have it all organised for you.' he stuttered nervously. I smirked knowing he knew his salary was in my hands. Now don't get me wrong I wouldn't cut it to prove a point, I just need everyone to know I am in charge and I wont take slackers.

'good now have a good day' I said before hanging up. I then looked at my phone and decided to do something I have been contemplating all week.

'hello?'

'hi mum'