Chapter 34

Flicking the switch was one of the hardest things i knew i would ever have to do. I knew there would always be part of me thinking if only i had waited a few more minutes.... Would she have come round.

I wasn't a huge fan chick flicks, but i had secretly hoped that my confessions of love would make her suddenly wake up.

But she didn't, she lay perfectly still, no change, not even a little heart flitter to know she even heard me. For all i know, she was to far gone to hear me, and no matter what i did, i would always have missed my chance.

Sobbing my eyes out, with tears streaming down my face onto trixy's, i pressed the switch that stopped all the support that trixy needed to survive. I lay beside her, pulling her body into mine, sobbing into her shoulder.

I wanted to wait with her for her to pass through to where ever she was meant to go, i didn't want her to be alone for this part of her gurney.

There was a soft tap at the door, and the doctor  came in. 'Your friends are ready to take you home and support you through this tough time.' He said sympathetically.

'Yes but i want to wait with her until she goes.' I replied turning back into her.

'I am sorry to say she has been off support for 2 hours, look shes not breathing.' The doctor whispered gently as he checked her breath. Though it was faint, i had to resist a smirk when his eyeballs opened wide when he felt the air as well.

'NURSE!' the doctor yelled as i was quickly removed from the room.