Chapter 5

2 weeks later

Kentrell pov

Today A'mari go's to see her family. The social worker sent me the number. Honestly I haven't been to her room for 3 days. Jazz came back and made broccoli and cheese. A'mari wouldn't eat. She only ate about 2 times since she been here and it's been really small meals. I opened her door going to her bed. I pulled the cover back seeing her sleep with dried up tears on her face.

I shook her and her eyes popped opened. She sat up

Me. Get ready

She got up going in her closet.

Me. Say When we go we're we going don't say shit bout what happened

She didn't respond. I walked out my room

Me. Jazz

She came out me and her room with love

Me. Get ready

We went in the room I got dressed and put my shoes on going back in A'mari room with jazz following me.

Me. Come on

She got up coming out her room

Jazz. You hungry?

She shook her head no. We went downstairs and I told everyone to come on. We got in the sprinter. We went to the address

Me. P got in there with her

They got out going to the door.

A'mari pov

I knocked on my granny door

Granny. Who is it?

Me. A'mari

She opened the door and smiled hugging me.

Granny. Who is this?

P. I'm kam

She let us in closing the door. I looked at the couch seeing my auntie and 2 of my dads big cousins. My auntie got up hugging me.

Auntie. I missed you

I smiled laying on her stomach as she hugged me. My dads cousins got up hugging me to.

Granny. You hungry?

I shook my head no

Auntie. A'mari you need to eat

We went in the kitchen kam sat next to me. She made me a plate of spaghetti with toast

Granny. You want some

Kam nodded I picked my fork up eating some of my food.

Granny. Oh this yours

It was a phone

Granny. Your dad was gonna give it to you on your birthday. And this Is your to

She gave me a lot of pictures. Some had me, daddy and mommy. Most of them was just me and daddy. A tear slipped out my eye.  I ate another spoon full of food. I pushed the plate

Auntie. Eat some more

I ate 3 more spoons

45 minutes later

I hugged my auntie and she kissed my lips then granny hugged me kissing my cheek then my lips. I hugged my dad's cousins and we left getting back in the sprinter.

"Dad". What happened?

Kam. She got a phone

He held his hand out as "papa" drove away. I took the phone out my pocket giving it to him. He did something to it giving it back to me. I don't even want it anymore. I put it back in my pocket looking back out the window. I want my daddy back. This is the worst summer of my life. We pulled at the mall. We got out and some security surrounded us.

"Dad" got my hand we went to this shoe store and they got a lot of shoes.

Jazz. You want theses?

I looked seeing some cute shoes

Jazz. What size you wear?

I mumbled
Me. 1 1/2

She nodded telling "dad" to get it for me. He got me those and 3 pair of ones. After everyone got what they wanted we left out of here going to bath and bodywork. Jazz was smelling stuff and getting it.

Jazz. You don't want any?

She had me smell this strawberry pound cake one and I liked so she put all the stuff in that flavor in the basket.

Jazz. How about this

It was peaches it smells good. She got everything in that flavor.

"Uncle". How you communicate with someone thats not talking?

She ignored him I got 2 more flavors after "dad" paid we went in champion. They got some shirts and sweatshirts. Jazz and me looked at some Ugg's. After they finished buying what they wanted we went to this candy land store.

I'm not in the mood for candy but jazz kelp picking out candy for me. "Papa" paid and now we're going to the food court. They got food and then we went to the house. I had to go back in my room. I sat on the bed watching tv. I started looking at the pictures of me and my dad and also the ones with my mom.

30 minutes later

Jazz came in here seating on the bed I hurried and wiped my tears befor turning  over and going to sleep. my daddy always taught me never let a opp see you cry.

Vote

Comment