Chapter 40

The viewing

A'mari pov

I put my shirt on over my tshirt then my jacket. Delon let me get on his back. All day I haven't been in the mood. Everyone here like some family members I ain't never seen but tt liyah, Jason and delon knew them. We went in there seeing granny. They had her looking nice. I miss her. tears rolled down my face. She has always supported me, token care of me, spoiled me and treated me like a princess. And now she's gone. More tears rolled down my face.

Delon. You ight?

I nodded wiping my tears. I felt the warm feeling in my hart. I laid my head on delon shoulder closing my eyes. I'm mentally tired.

Jason. She ight?

Delon. Yea

I felt Jason get me from delon I didn't open my eyes. After about 35 minutes we left. I stared out the window the whole time. A few tears slipped. We pulled up at this fancy restaurant. I'm not in the mood to eat. Jason parked and we got out. We went in and guess who I had to seat next to? Kam I put my head down staring at the menu.

Lady. What would you like to drink

Me. Sprite

My voice sound so dry. After everyone got there drinks we ordered food. I got fries and wings.

Tt liyah. You ok?

I nodded she looked at me in concern before kissing my lips and sat back in her chair. Kam's mom is seating on the other side of me

Kam mom. You wanna get your nails done with me?

I nodded I looked seeing that kam is texting kentrell. He's laying on the table texting. Once are food came I forced my self to eat the fries.

Kam mom. You ok?

I nodded drinking some of my drink. Im full I just wanna sleep now. I glanced over at kam seeing him staring at me. I laid my head fully down so they can't see me cry. Why can't I go to stl with my family.

1 hour later

Uncle Austin pov

Kam. Want me to get her?

Me. No I got her

I picked a'mari up. She sleep but she has dried up tears all over her face. I held her and got me and her Togo box

Me. Get are drinks

He nodded I went to the car. I gave A'mari to arianna and they got in the others car. And once Andrew, kam and Andrew wife came out here we drove off

Andrew wife. I don't think A'mari likes me

Me. Why you say that?

Andrew wife. It dosnt seem like it

Me. She just going though a lot right now.

We pulled up at ms Amanda house. It's getting dark.

Me. Y'all got something to wear to the funeral Tomorrow

Andrew. Yea

We got out

Me. Y'all staying here tonight?

Andrew looked back

Andrew. Yea

We went in the house. Ma was seating on the couch watching tv. A'mari came downstairs.

*whats wrong A'mari*
Me. Que pasa A'mari?

*nothings wrong*
A'mari. Nada esta mal

She sat next to ma laying on her shoulder. Somthing is wrong. And it ain't because her granny just passed cuz she didn't look this sad when her granny died or the day after. I started watching tv.

Granny Alexis pov

I looked over at A'mari she look emotionally drained. I got her hand and she looked at me before looking back at the tv. I rubbed her back she laid on my lap.

I played with her ears in-till I dozed off to sleep.

Vote

Comment