Chapter 43

October 30th 2023

A'mari pov

I woke up to my alarm going off. I dismissed it. I got up my face and neck hurt. I got up getting and outfit and shoes out I went in the bathroom getting dressed. I looked in the mirror the side of my face is kinda swollen. And it's a ring around my neck. I putting chapstick on my lips and I put my shoes on.

Jazz came in here with make up she sat it on the counter putting makeup on my bruises.

Me. C can I go to cheerleading practice?

She nodded I went and put my practice shoes and clothes and a water bottle in my book bag. We went downstairs. Kentrell is seating on the couch holding the baby. I went in the kitchen. I sat down jazz made me some franch toast. I ate and she made my lunch. I'm not really hungry but I have to eat so I don't pass out in cheerleading practice. After I finished eating she gave me my lunchbox.

Kentrell. Come on

I got up putting my bookbag on and I got my lunchbox. We went outside getting in the range rover. I put my bookbag on the floor putting my seat belt on. He got in driving to my school.

Kentrell. You open your mouth ill blow your brain out you head

I nodded getting out and putting my bookbag on and getting my lunchbox closing the door going in the school. I went to my 1st period B day class. Today is B day tomorrow is A day. I sat at my desk doing my wam up and laid my head down

Jr. You ok?

I nodded looking at him and back at the front of the class.

Jr pov

I'm assuming that she's back at kentrell house cuz she look so sad and drained. I finished my wamup. Once the bell rung mr Wilson picked up all the warm up papers.

Mr Wilson. You ok

A'mari nodded seating up once he walked off she got her notebook out and a pencil writing something.  She turned it a little so I can read

Note: kam got me in trouble and kentrell slapped me and chocked me.

My eyes went wide. She scribbled over it then erased it. I got my note book and pencil out and mr Wilson started on the lesson. I glanced over at A'mari noticing that her lip is busted. I focused back on my work. I got football practice today.

Lunch time

Me and A'mari sat down

Me. How did kam get you in trouble

A'mari. My granny only had 2 week to live so kentrell let me go over there. But my uncle Andrew is married to Karly, kams mom. So he was there most of the time.

Me. How he got you in trouble?

A'mari. 2 days before my granny died I told her what happened and kam must have put a hidden camera in the hospital room. Cuz kentrell got the video

She laid her head down. I Opened my lunchbox and started eating after I finished I tried to get A'mari to eat but she didn't wanna eat. Once lunch was over we went to ms Johnson class. We started on are warm up.

Ms Johnson. A'mari you ok?

A'mari nodded looking down still doing her warm up. After the timer went off she picked them up

Ms Johnson. Take y'all notebooks out

We took them out and started taking notes.

After school

A'mari pov

I went in the gym and changed. And then I went out my bookbag on the bleachers and went to warm up. The coach isn't in here yet