Chapter 61

Granny Alexis pov

It's Christmas Eve and A'mari hasn't came out her room all day. It's 3pm. Kasiayah said she was crying when she went to check on her earlier. Since then she locked us out.

Me. Answer the door!

I heard the door open.

Payton. It's jr!

I went out the kitchen seeing all the kids seating in the couch.

Me. Can you try to get A'mari out her room

He nodded taking his shoes off and his coat going upstairs. I went back in. The kitchen cooking.

Jr pov

I tried to open A'mari door. It's locked I knocked on the door she ain't answer. I knocked again

Me. A'mari it's me jr

She unlocked the door letting me in and closing it back locking it. She had her cover wrapped around her. So I can't see her face

Me. What's wrong?

I heard her sniff. I sat on her bed pulling the cover off her. Dang she strong

Me. Why you crying

A'mari. N nothing

She pulled the cover over her head. I heard her sniff again. I got in the bed under the cover to pulling her into a hug. I felt her tears fall on my chest. I pulled her on top of me. I rubbed her back and listened to her sniffing.

Me. What's wrong?

A'mari. I M m miss m my p p parents a a and m m my g g granny

I held her hand rubbing my thumb over her hand multiple times. When she stopped crying I wiped her tears.

Me. You don't have to cry alone you have people that love you

I kissed her lips. I pulled the cover off us. Her face is red and her eyes are really red.

Me. Your granny wants you to come downstairs

She got up changing into clothes and brushing her teeth. She took her scarf off and put some ugg slides on and we went downstairs. The dog got up jumping on her. She rubbed its head. We went in the kitchen.

Ms Alexis. Thank you

Me. You welcome

She made A'mari seat down and eat. I waited for her and we went outside playing with the snow her cousins cane out here. We made snow angles and a snowman. A'mari just laid there in the snow staring up.

AJ. what's wrong twin

A'mari looked over before looking back up. I looked down at the snow making snow balls. I threw one at her and she looked at me. She sat up making a snow ball throwing it at me. Then she laid back down looking up at the sky.

Kam. What's wrong with ha?

I gleard at him noticing AJ glaring at him to

AJ. A'mari you wanna walk to the store with me?

She nodded standing up. He went and told ms Alexis. When he came back out he got A'mari hand and they walked off.

AJ pov

We walked around the counter heading to the corner store

Me. What's wrong?

She looked up at me her eyes are red

A'mari. I miss my parents

I stopped walking picking her up hugging her

Me. I know you do

A tear rolled out her eye. I feel bad for her. She's only 11 and lost both of her parents. I hate that I can't make her feel better. I let her get on my back. We got to the corner store. We got Arizona, candy, chips and goldfish. I paid and we left going back to nana house. We went in to sort are snacks out

Dad. Y'all went to the sto?

I nodded he hugged a'mari. We went in the dinning room seeing grandpa, uncle Bryson, uncle Austin, uncle Andrew playing cards. Me and A'mari sat are snacks on counter in the kitchen seeing nana cooking soul food. I looked at A'mari. She got her stuff and I got mine putting are drinks in the fridge.

We went outside seating on the porch. She looked at me.

Me. What?

She shook her head struggling to open her gold fish. I opened it for her. We watched the other kids throw snow balls at each other.

A'mari pov

I looked up seeing them throwing snowballs at kam while he made snowballs. I finshed my goldfish going in the house.

Uncle august. What's wrong?

I shook my head going upstairs. I went in my room closing the door and turning the tv on. I just wanted to watch tv. My door opened. I looked seeing jr. He came in closing and locking the door. He laid in my bed holding me. He rubbed my back.

Jr. Your warm

He held me tighter. I looked back at the tv. And than I started falling to sleep.

Jr. Imma go back downstairs now

I felt him kiss my lips and he left. I fully fell asleep

Vote

Comment