Chapter 20

A'mari pov

School is In a few days and I have everything I need. Lately i'v been feeling depressed. I don't feel like eating. all I do is shower and sleep. Every day I stare in the mirror wishing that I didn't wake up. Jazz be coming in here trynna make me eat but I don't.

My depression has gotten so bad that it's dark rings around my eyes. And my lips be pilling a lot due to me not eating. I'm in my bathroom brushing my teeth. And washing my face. Once I finished I heard my door open then close back.

Jr. A'mari?

I let him in the bathroom closing and locking the door. He looked at me in concern. I got on the counter and he stood in front of me.

Jr. What's wrong?

A tear slipped out my eye

Jr. Why aren't you eating?

Me. I don't feel like eating

Jr. Your losing a lot of weight A'mari

He pulled my shirt up and my stomach is flat and I see my ribbs. He picked up my arms and there really skinny. he pointed to my legs to

Jr. Come eat

I got off the counter and we went downstairs seating at the table. Jazz put waffles and fruit in front of me. And a cup of orange juice. I ate the fruit first. I don't even like waffles but I'm a eat them. After I finished everything. I drunk some orange juice.

After I finished me and jr went upstairs. We went back in the bathroom. I sat on the counter and jr sat on the side of the tub thing. I was about to put some chapstick on when the bathroom door open. I looked seeing kentrell standing there. I rolled my eyes and put the chapstick on my lips. I looked at the door still seeing kentrell still standing there

Kentrell. Why y'all in the bathroom?

I shrugged going on my phone

Jr. Join my amoung us game.

I did and we waited for another person to join and I'm imposter. We started playing. I was killing everybody.

Jr. You was Imposter?

I nodded laughing a little bit. We played a few more rounds before we switched the game.

Jr pov

I looked up from my phone seeing that kentrell left. I went to A'mari and got on the counter to. She looked up and we looked at each other in the eyes.

A'mari. Let's go see if we can go outside

I nodded we went downstairs and asked kentrell if we can go outside. He nodded. We went outside and we got on the trampoline and I didn't know she knows how to flip. She's doing every flip in the book.

Me. can you do a triple flip

She shook her head looking at me. She showed me how to do a flap flip. It's where you do a front flip but you flip to a back flip before you land. We sat down taking a break. I'm gone ask her about what I heard  my mom talking to sherhonda about.

Me. Is it true that kentrell killed your dad?

She didn't answer me a tear rolled down her face and she turned the other way. I heard her sniff.

Me. So its true?

She nodded and wiped her tears.

Me. Why didn't you say anything?

A'mari. He told me not to or he'll kill me

I watched as tears rolled down her face. She put her face in her knees crying. I didn't mean to make her cry.

Me. It's ok

A'mari. It's not ok, I don't have parents and I can't go live with my family.

She started crying harder. I rubbed her back.

20 minutes later

A'mari wiped her face and looked over at the dogs that's out here. I'm surprised they didn't bark

A'mari. He has Dogs?

I nodded we got out the trampoline and we went to the dogs. They stared barking. Oh now they wanna bark. A'mari pet one of them on the head.

Me. You had dogs before?

A'mari. Yeah I had a huskie when I was 6 but it died so then I got a pit bull. It's my auntie dog now

I nodded I never had a dog but I did have a bird.

Kentrell. Jr yo momma here!!

We went in the house and I hugged a'mari leaving. I wish she can go with us.

A'mari pov

Kentrell glared at me. I rolled my eyes

Kentrell. What I told you about leaving your room?

I just looked at him and I could see him getting angry. when I saw him coming this way I ran upstairs. He Chased me. I closed my room door trynna hold it close but he stronger then me. He pushed door open which made me go flying towards the wall. I started screaming. He grabbed me by my neck choking me. I tried to push him off me but he pinned me down. My eyes rolled to the back of my head and I Blacked out.

Kentrell pov

I snapped out of it and saw that I was chocking A'mari. I let go of her checking her pulse. It's weak a swollen ring started to form around her neck. I went to get a bottle of water and I dumped it on her. She jumped wiping her face. She looked up with fear.

I tried to help her up but she flinched and moved away from me. I walked out her room and locked the door.

Jazz.what did you do?

Me. Nothing

She looked at me for a few seconds before walking out the room.

A'mari pov

I hurried and got my inhaler using it. I want my granny. Tears rolled down my face. Jazz came in here. I finished using my inhaler and I went and laid in the bed completely under the cover. I felt her seat on the bed.

Lots of tears rolled down my face and I felt her try to pull the cover down. I closed my eyes

Jazz. A'mari?

Me. Leave me alone

She stopped pulling at the cover

Jazz. What's wrong?

I didn't respond after awhile she got up and left. And I started to fall asleep.

Vote

Comment