Chapter 28

October 3rd 2023

A'mari pov

I woke up to my alarm going off. It's Tuesday. I got up feeling horrible. My head hurts and I just don't feel good. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and got dressed. I put my shoes on and got my book Bag and phone. I sat on the bed and turned the tv on. My door opened.

Jazz. Come on

I got up following her downstairs. I sat at the table and she made me french toast sticks and fruit. I ate a little bit of fruit. Then I drunk some apple juice looking down at my lap.

15 min

Kentrell. Come on

I flinched a little before I got my lunch box and book bag then we got in the car. I put my seatbelt on looking down at my lap. He started driving. When we got to my school I got out putting my book bag on and putting my phone in my pocket getting my lunchbox and I closed the door going in the school. I went in my homeroom class turning in my homework. And sat at my desk putting my head down.

Jr. You ok?

I nodded not looking up. I closed my eyes.

10 minutes later

I woke up to someone tapping me. I flinched before looking up

Ms wilson. You ok?

I nodded seating up she sat a worksheet in front of me. I got a pencil and waited for her to start. Once she got to the bord she told us how to do the first one. And told us to do the rest. My eyes started to get havy. I finished the last question before putting my head down and closing my eyes.

Jr. A'mari?

I looked up the teacher got are papers . How come we didn't do a warmup. My eyes started getting havy again. I don't understand why I'm so sleepy I sleep good last night I just don't feel good.

2nd class

We're doing this assignment. I laid my head down closing my eyes.

Mr Johnson. A'mari

I left my head up

Mr Johnson. Go to the nurse office

I put my bookbag on getting my lunchbox leaving the class. I went to the nurse office.

Nurse. Seat on the bed.

I sat on the bed she check my temperature

Nurse. Omg

I looked at the thing it said I got a 103 fever.

Nurse. Do you feel sick

I nodded looking down at my lap. She went to call someone to get me.

Montana pov

A'mari school just called me saying that she's running a fever.

Me. Y'all come on.

I got the keys to the sprinter. Yb, Ben, Pyungin, quando and herm is here. We got in the sprinter and I drove to the school. I got out to go get her. I pushed the Button and the door popped open. I opened the door going in. I went in the front office.

Me. I'm here to pick up A'mari James

She nodded going in the back. When she came back she had A'mari. I signed her out

Me. Come on

I got her hand. I felt her flinch. Her hand is hot. I used the back of my hand to feel her head. She flinched again. She's burning up we went outside. I opened the door and she got in. I closed the door back and got in. I drove to Walgreens.

Me. Say Go in there and get Tylonal , soup, Gatorade and a thermometer

Ben and quando got out

Kentrell pov

I looked over at A'mari seeing her sleep. I used the back of my hand to feel her head she's burning up. I touch her neck with the back of my hand.

When ben and Quando got back in the sprinter Montana drove to his house. We got out I woke A'mari up. I got her book bag and lunchbox. We went in the house. We sat on the couch and Montana got the bag from ben looking though it.

A'mari pov

I woke back up to something cold rub against my forehead. I opened my eyes a little seeing Montana standing in front of me. He looked at the thermometer before saying

Montana. 104, that's high

He made me take some medicine. I started to fall back to sleep.

30 minutes later

I woke up to someone picking me up. I can't even open my eyes cuz I'm tired. I felt them walking then a door open then them walking again. Then another door. I know it's a car cuz I can here the beep noise. I felt them lay me down and then the car door closed. I laid on the door going back to sleep. But I could hear  them talking

Montana. If she still sick tomorrow take her to the hospital

Kentrell. Ight

I heard him get in then he drove off. I fully fell back to sleep dreaming about my old life.

Jazz pov

I came downstairs seeing kentrell carrying A'mari in here.

Me. Ain't she suppose to be in school

Kentrell. She sick

He gave her to me. I took her to her room. I felt her head she burning  up. So I didn't put her under the cover. I sat on the bed turning  her on her side. Her eyes poped open. She stared at me.

Me. What's wrong

She just stared at me before turning the other way. I took her shoes off putting them in the closet and I left going back in me and kentrell room with love.

Vote

Comment