1 ( Business )

The atmosphere is awfully quiet and dark. This setting... it's that day.

"Stop... please, I don't understand why you're doing this" the man says as he crawls away. His ankle is cut open, leaving him unable to stand.

"It's just business, I have to do my job. It's not like, I kill for pleasure" my dad replies to the suffering person. The victim's face... it's blurred, I can't make it out. I forgot who you were.

"Do you need money?? I have money, just don't kill me. I have a kid... a wife"

"I have a kid and a wife too. You got the money part right, but I'm not getting the money from you"

"Who's paying you to do this then? I'm a big name! If I go missing, they'll surely start a search for me!"

"I can't disclose our clients' names. Plus, you won't be alive to remember anyway. I also don't care if they look for you. I'll let them find your rotten corpse"

My dad takes his gun from his men. I still remember this clearly though, the exact gun he used. No... the exact gun I used.

"Come here, you can have the honors to do this. This is our biggest job yet, just make sure that he won't be able to move after you shoot him" my dad calls. I didn't want to disobey him back then, I had to follow his orders.

He hands me the gun. I remember every detail about this. The details of my first kill.

"You're just a kid! Don't do this. Don't listen to your dad. He's... a monster" the man desperately begs for his life. I didn't listen to him though, I just shot him, again, and again, and again.

"That's enough. You did well. Don't feel bad, we're doing this for you mom, right?" my dad takes the gun from me and kneels to look me in the eyes.

"Is this necessary though?"

"What do you mean? Of course, it is, I need you to learn how to govern early. You'll be taking over our business soon. You're already 10, it is the best age to start practicing"

"That's not what I meant dad. Is it necessary to kill people?" I ask which makes his expression drop.

"It depends on the task given to us. We're not bad for doing other evil people's labor"

That's what he told me. I believed him until now and I still believe him. Killing isn't bad if it's for a good cause. I think of it as a last resort or a chore that is given to me. 

It's been 10 years since that day. I've killed about... 28 people in total myself. 3 are personal, while the rest is business. Our business has definitely killed more than a hundred, I actually lost count already. I've also done well in keeping our business going. Despite my dad dying when I was 15, I took over smoothly and even exceeded his level. 

"We're here. Please wake up" my driver pats my shoulder waking me up. It was another dream. I've been dreaming about that day recently. It doesn't change, everything is the same, but it happens so often.

I get out of my car and enter my house. The housekeepers greet me and escort me to my room. This place doesn't really count as my house anymore. It's more of a base where all of my men stay. I just get the top floor of this 4 story building to myself.

I enter my room and jump onto my bed. It was a stressful day today, with all the errands I had to run. Being a boss and a college student at the same time is stressful.

I open my phone for the first time today. My notifications are full of messages from my useless groupmates. 

"Y/N! How's your progress?" Chaeyoung asks in our group chat. I don't understand why we need group work in a business course. I won't be working with these losers anyway.