4

The sound of my alarm wakes me up. I woke up earlier today to feed Nayeon. I can't remember if I gave her anything for dinner actually.

"Y/N, you're up early. Is there anything you need?" one of the housekeepers asks.

"Nope, I just need to feed Nayeon some food. I'll leave her to you when I'm gone. Don't let anyone, but yourself, take care of her"

Cooking breakfast for someone else is not something I expected to do. I never cook for myself, but now, I'm doing it for someone I kidnapped.

"Nayeon, time to wake up. Here's your breakfast" I enter the basement and Jeongyeon still hasn't messed it up.

"Why are you still keeping me?" she asks in a somewhat exhausted voice.

"Jeongyeon has the word on whether I can let you go, or not. Trust me, I want to let you go, but it's not for me to decide"

"Are you scared of her? Will she hurt you, if you let me go?"

"No, but I don't want to break her trust. She won't help me if I let you go. Plus, you're going to report us to the police the moment you get fresh air"

"No shit, I will. You two are criminals who don't deserve to live a happy life like this. Don't you ever realize how big of an effect you cause to others with the things you do?"

"You sound like my classmate. She said something similar about affecting others. If you're not willing to make a deal with us, then you'll be here for the rest of your life"

"What deal do you want to have? I don't have anything to do with you"

"Okay then. I'll give you time to think about it. Do you want me to feed you--"

"Have you killed anyone?" she suddenly asks

"Yes, but they were--"

"It was a job, wasn't it? I mean have you killed someone because of pure intent to kill"

"2 people, but technically 3"

"Who are they?"

"The first person was my first kill. I brutally shot him multiple times and it still haunts me. I was young and didn't understand why I was killing"

"And the other 2?"

"Well... one of them is my mom. I killed her while she was asleep. It brought distraught to my dad which led him to kill himself after a while"

"You killed your parents? Why am I not surprised" she starts laughing.

"It's not that funny. It was a mistake to kill my mom. I thought I would finally end her suffering, but instead, I passed it to my dad"

"Do you regret it?"

"Yes, I won't kill anyone for personal gains anymore"

"So, you won't kill me to protect your identity"

"No, I'll kill you if you're going to destroy my comrades' identities"

"I'll get out of here somehow. Killing me now is your best option"

"I'll be on my way to school" I reply, ignoring her provocation

"You're making a mistake leaving me alive" she exclaims before I leave.

I enter my classroom to see my groupmates talking.

"Y/N! Are you going to do anything later? We were planning to hang out as a celebration for finishing the group work early" Mina asks