5

"Why... why are you so calm about this?? I killed her, and you... just want to hide her body. You did nothing wrong, but you're helping me cover my crime" she asks, her body still shaking.

"I don't care if I get brought into this. It's my fault anyway. I took you and you killed someone to get away. Also, if you don't want to help me bury the body, then at least clean the blood before it dries"

"I- I can't. I need to call for help. We can't be doing this" she says as she pulls out her phone.

"Don't! If you call someone now, we'll both get in trouble. Do you really want to spend the rest of your life in prison? You couldn't even stay here for a week and I was trying my best to take care of you. It's worse there than here"

"This is wrong. Running away will only make this worse!"

"You should have thought of that before you killed her! Just when I was going to let you go, you make it worse for yourself"

"What do I do then? How do I get out of this mess?"

"You run from it. If you don't want to, then you'll get punished"

She finally listens and starts cleaning the blood on the floor. I call for the other housekeepers to help me bury the murdered corpse.

"What happened to her, sir?" they ask

"She was killed by... the person I kidnapped"

"Is she a threat?"

"No, you don't have to worry about her. She won't kill anyone else. I will have to tell Jeongyeon about this. The rest of you should help Nayeon clean the blood. Don't dispose of any evidence as well"

"Jeong, I have bad news. Nayeon killed a housekeeper"

"What?! She got away?? Did you find her?"

"She didn't get away. She might be willing to help us now. I can't tell, but she seems terrified that she killed someone. We can use that so that she can't report us"

"Do you have any evidence? If she cleans her marks, then we won't have proof to use"

"I reminded the housekeepers to not clean evidence that we can use on Nayeon. We'll be holding her by the neck and she won't even know"

"Alright fine, but make sure that she won't find a way to blame everything on us"

"I'll treat her nicely"

Nayeon suddenly pats my back.

"Is that Jeongyeon? Can I speak to her?" she asks

"S-Sure" I reply as I pass the phone.

I walk back into the basement and take all the pieces of evidence and put them in my bag.

"I'll keep these. Tell her that we threw them away"

The housekeepers nod in reply as I leave. 

"Here's your phone back. I told Jeongyeon that I... I'm willing to help you guys. I'm too far in the hole and it would haunt me to return back to my normal life. I don't want to kill anyone else though" Nayeon says as she was waiting for me outside.

"That's fine. As long as you don't tell... tell anyone that you're helping us"

"I won't, but what can I do to make myself useful?"

"Nothing for now. I'll find a job for you in the future" 

My phone suddenly starts ringing again. It's Mina this time. She's probably going to check on me.