36

My alarm abruptly ends my sleep; its noise covers the entire room. The light of morning slowly greets my eyes. 

As expected, I'm getting bombarded by notifications from others. 

"Y/N!! Wake UP!!!" I open the first notification on my phone, without knowing who it's from.

It's from an unknown number, but how did they get my number? No... why are they asking for me to wake up? 

"Who is this? How did you get my number?"

"This is Mina. Open social media!" 

I open my Twitter and immediately see my name in the trending section. Curiously, I read the tweets that are related to me. To my surprise, not only did people know that Mina and I were staying in the same hotel, but they caught us entering the same room. This video was from the elevator yesterday.

"They actually are going crazy over such small details" I reply to Mina

"Small details?! So it's normal for two competitors to be seen in a hotel, fine. Maybe they were having a business meeting. But, seeing both of them enter the same hotel room?! That would never happen!"

"That's true. We can just explain it was a misunderstanding" 

"Right, tell them that we're not anything" Wow, that hurts. But, the truth always hurts.

Minutes later, Mina knocks on my door.

"Y/N! Let me in. We need to talk"

"Why are you even here?" I ask as I let her in.

"Didn't I just say we need to talk? Until now, you still don't listen to me" What? I don't recall ever ignoring her though. 

"About what?"

"Retard. What are we gonna say to the media?"

"Just lie. It's not that hard"

"Yeah, you definitely would know that it's easy. But, I don't want to get into any more trouble because of you. I swear this is the last time we're ever seeing each other! Why did I even agree to stay in your room?!"

"Relax, we can fix this"

I used to live like this before now that I think about it.

People screaming at me the moment I woke up, thinking of ways to lie, trying to live the best life I never deserved. I don't know how I was able to deal with this every day.

No, it was you, Mina,  who made it easier. But, I still managed to give you up.

Seconds later, someone knocks on the door.

"Room service," They say

"Did you call for room service?"  I whisper to her

"No, I didn't"

Why are they here then?

"We didn't call for room service!" I shoo them away

"We? So she is there" Wow, this asshole.

"Y/N, I'll do the talking from now on. You clearly make things worse when you tell the truth" 

"I just want to talk to you guys! I'm not a journalist!" A crazy fan?  Or maybe a lying journalist.

"Go away please, we would like privacy"

"No! I'm a fan I promise! Y/N, didn't you make a painting that was based on your ex? How else would I know that unless I actually read about you?"