17

"What would you like to cook? I suggest we cook chicken" she asks while she's looking in my freezer. I rarely cook because I have people to do it for me, but I just want to try cooking again. I just got a sudden burst of motivation to cook for the others. 

"Chicken it is then" 

She takes the chicken to the kitchen and she starts to cut it. The problem is she doesn't know how to use the knife properly.

"Mina, you're butchering the chicken. Also, don't just cut randomly. The chicken has body parts too"

"I don't use the knife often, sorry"

"You don't have to apologize. I'll just teach you" 

I go behind her and guide her hands. Her hands are soft as expected.

"You need to make sure that your cuts are clean and straight. It also helps if the meat is still fresh to avoid unnecessary cuts"

"Do you cook often? You're really good at using this knife" I wish I was good at cooking, but that's not the case.

"No, I just know how to use a knife. I was just born with it" 

Thankfully, she isn't suspicious about it. We're complete opposites when it comes to things like these.

"You pretty much did all the cutting. Sorry, about that"

"Again, you don't have to be apologetic about it. Just put the flour on the chicken while I cut the other ingredients"

I don't know when the others will arrive, but I think they're almost back. We haven't even started cooking the food. I look to see how Mina is doing and even with just adding flour, she's still struggling.

"Mina, you need to make sure you mix the eggs well, or else it won't stick"

"I really don't know what I'm doing. Sorry--"

"Stop apologizing, please. It's fine, I'll just help you"

I wonder why she's so apologetic. It could possibly just be part of her personality, but I doubt it. It's probably because of her past.

"Here, I'll add the flour for you. Just take the bowl of flour here and I'll do it for you"

As if she wasn't already clumsy, she spills a lot of the flour in my arms and on the other ingredients as well.

"Mina! You can't be that clumsy! The other ingredients have flour now"

"Sorry, I wasn't being careful" She apologizes again and gives a pout. For some reason, I thought it would be fun to throw flour at her.

"Y/N!! I said I'm sorry! Why would you do that!" This is the first time I've heard her scream aside from that night, but it's cute when she screams not out of fear.

"If you're going to get flour everywhere, then you should get flour on yourself!" I say jokingly. It leads her to throw some back at me. It's childish, but it's fun to actually have a food fight with her. 

"Stop messing around, Y/N!!"

"Not until you stop throwing flour everywhere! Plus, I was only making it fair" 

If we keep this going, then we'll run out of flour and we won't be able to even start cooking the chicken. She's not stopping though and neither am I.

"Y/N, why did--" I hear someone ask, but I can't see them due to the amount of flour on my eyes. From the voice, I can tell it's Jeongyeon.

"Jeongyeon? Is that you? What are you asking?"

"Why are you throwing flour everywhere!? Actually, why are both of you throwing flour everywhere?!"