8

The sounds of footsteps wake me up. I realize that I'm still sleeping on the sofa. I also didn't wake up to my alarm clock for some reason.

"Where did he keep it?" I hear someone whispering. I look up and see Mina, with her frizzled morning hair, looking through my stuff.

"You're awake. Aren't you dizzy?" I ask which startles her. She drops my Airpod case on the floor as well.

"I- I actually just woke up. I didn't realize that you woke up too" 

"How're your bruises by the way? You were freaking out last night and you fell out of the car"

"I did? I don't recall that. I think I was half-asleep" 

"What are you doing with my stuff by the way? Is there something you need?" Her expression becomes worried. 

"I wasn't looking for anything. I just looked at your stuff and I dropped your Airpods by accident" Lying for what? I can help her find it if it's something I can give. So, she's looking for something that I value huh?

"I heard you mumbling a while ago. You were looking for something. Is it something that you own?"

"Oh... that. I was just looking for where you kept my phone"

"Phone? I didn't notice that it was gone., sorry"

"I must have left it on the seat, back in the bar"

"We can go back for it. I'll get prepared for school and we can also pass by your house, so you can change" I suggest as I get up from the sofa.

"No, it's already late. You missed your alarm, and we only have enough time to go to school. I'll just... replace it"

"Are you sure? Don't you have anything valuable on your phone?"

"I do, but it's probably better to not miss school" Rich she is indeed. Buying a phone is nothing, but a small feat for her.

I finish getting changed and Nayeon lent some spare clothes to Mina. 

The car ride is awkward since there are 4 of us in the car. I decided to drive, so I can take Mina back to her house later. 

"See you later. By the way, you should find a way home like yesterday. I won't be going straight back home" I tell Jeong and Nayeon.

"You're taking Mina home, I'm guessing?"

"Yes, I couldn't take her home yesterday because she wanted to go to my house" Mina looks at me with confusion. She doesn't remember that as well.

"Good luck with that then!" Nayeon waves goodbye. Mina runs after me to catch up.

"I wanted to stay at your house?"

"You really wanted to see it. Did something interesting cross your mind that night?"

"No, I was probably just really drunk"

"Okay, but later, I'll take you back to your place. Just give Nayeon's clothes back tomorrow"

"Ah... about that... my mom doesn't really want any visitors" she replies shyly. She pouts as she turns to me.

"I'll be fast. I won't enter actually. Just a drop-off"

She nods and keeps her head down again.

"You're a Myoui, by the way? Your last name is a big name isn't it?"

"I guess you can say that. Our family used to be really rich because my dad used to own a company"

"Used to? What happened?"