29

"Y-You don't?? Something must have happened. He did more than just lie did he?" I don't want to tell her because I know she'll make a big deal about it.

"I don't know! Please, just understand that I want to settle this with him" 

I stand up, ready to leave.

"I understand, I won't tell the others about this. I hope you get to fix whatever is going on between you two"

"Thank you" I reply as I leave with my umbrella.

The first logical place to stop by is his house. I have so many questions, but I don't even know if listening to him is worth it. He might just lie again, as he did before. In fact, I don't even know if it is still safe to go back to him. 

He lied about everything. There is no point in listening to him. 

The rain continues to pour and gets stronger the closer I get to his house. And as expected, the place is lively as if they did nothing wrong.

I enter the place, looking for Y/N, but am instead greeted by Jeongyeon.

"Where's Y/N?"

"He left to look for you. I'll call him to tell him about your arrival" She acts completely innocent.

"Why did you lie to me about your criminal activities?!" She becomes stunned by my question.

"I don't know what you're talking about. What are you trying to--"

"Don't lie! I'm tired of lies! The truth is all I want to hear!"

"Mina... we never lied to you about it. We never even brought it up"

"So you're telling me, that you were willing to let me know everything if I asked?!"

"No, but..."

"Don't sugarcoat it! I don't care about what you do, but tell me what you did to my mother"

She stays silent. It doesn't take long for Nayeon to recognize what's happening and she immediately opens her phone to call someone. Most likely, Y/N.

"Answer me!! Where is she?!"

"I don't know! None of us know where she is!!" Jeongyeon finally replies.

"Did you... kill her?!" 

"No, we didn't!!"

"What happened then!?"

"The full story is that she threatened to expose us to the police unless we confronted her and we did. She captured us and Y/N got out by killing everyone. Except, for your mother. He told us to clean the place as he left and we did just that. Your mother was still alive when we found her, but she was bleeding out. I ordered for her to be brought to a hospital, but I don't know where they brought her"

"So... you're not even sure if she's still alive or not?! And Y/N killed everybody?!"

"Y-Yes"

Again, I am unable to stop the tears from my eyes. He didn't even think about the consequences, he just did it and killed everybody.

"I want to talk to him. Where is he?!"

"He's on his way back" Nayeon replies.

Minutes pass before he finally slams the front doors open. He immediately runs to me to hug me, but I push him away.

"M-Mina, let me explain everything"

"How can I even believe you?! After everything, you're still a criminal"

"I know I am. I regret that I am because you convinced me that life is valuable"

"You killed everybody in my household to tell me that you love me?! You don't understand anything about love"

"I know my sorry isn't enough. But, I truly do love you"

"How are you so sure that you do?! You might not just be lying to me, but also to yourself! How can a person like you, someone that has never understood love possibly know that you love me?!"

"You even hurt my mom. I can't believe you would--"

"Actually, I did it" Jeongyeon interrupts, "I was the one who fought your mom. Y/N didn't lay a finger on her"

"That doesn't prove that Y/N is innocent"

"Mina, I'm not here to tell you that I am innocent. I'm here to tell you that I love you and I wouldn't lie about that" Y/N desperately tries to convince me.

"I want to speak to you privately, Y/N" He nods and everyone leaves the living room. 

"Mina, please just listen to me" He starts.

"I don't want to hear your excuses. Just tell me honestly, why did you lie to me?"

"I couldn't just tell you everything. It was for my protection and everyone else's protection. We didn't know if you would tell the others or the police"

"So, you thought it was a good idea to pretend to love me? To possibly involve me in your crimes?!"

"I... didn't at first. I love you now. I know that I do. The feeling that I really can depend on you, that I can look for you when I need comfort; You're the person that makes me feel different"

He holds my cheek and wipes my tears. 

"Y/N, I don't want to see you anymore. If you really do love me, then I'm happy that you finally understand what it means. I'm glad that I helped you find that in yourself, but I don't feel the same anymore. I'm asking you to leave me alone from now on. I don't want anything to do with you"

"But, please! Can't we try again?! I promise I'll change from now on"

"Promise me that you will, but I don't want to try again. I'm done with whatever we had. Just forget that I ever was something to you like how you disregard all the lives you took before"

He lets go of me and I get up. I walk towards the exit until he stops me again. 

"Please, don't go" He begs as he hugs me from behind. 

"I'm sorry, Y/N. And for the last time... goodbye"

I break his grip and continue to leave his house. It's still raining outside, but I left my umbrella. I don't even want to go back to get it.

I have nowhere to go back to. Not even my own house.

I decided to call my other relatives to send financial help since I don't know how to get my family's wealth yet. It's already been months since I broke up with him.

The first thing I do with that they sent is transfer schools. Since no one is running our family business as well, the company is taken over temporarily by my aunt. I don't know how Y/N was able to do this on his own.

I shouldn't be thinking about him though. It's not my problem anymore.

_________________________________________________________

This is not the end by the way. It would kind of be empty if I just ended here. - A/N