23

"We're going home now, I had fun," he says, finally finishing this boring date. He spent more time staring at paintings than staring at me. I CAN'T BELIEVE HE FINDS ART MORE INTERESTING THAN ME!

"I didn't" I reply, trying to play hard to get. Surely, he's gonna be sorry.

"Didn't what?" OMG IS HE THAT CLUELESS?!

"I didn't have fun, idiot! I was waiting for you to finish staring at paintings the entire time!" 

"Oh, well that's sad to hear. I enjoyed our date" No sorry? If I wasn't so into you, I would have left the moment you started staring. I really can't play hard to get here, or else he'll think that I don't like him anymore.

"Can we go home and do something else?" He even said that he would stare at me all day. What a letdown.

"Sure, are you going to prepare for school?" NO! We're supposed to be having a fun DATE

"Yes, I think I still have some homework"

"Okay, we'll go home then, so you can finish that" I had to make it worse by lying. Now, he actually thinks I need to spend time on work! I wouldn't have agreed to this date if I actually had to though. 

He unknowingly just walks out of the museum expecting me to be eagerly following and of course, I do.

"Why did you agree to this if you still had work? It would have been better to go out at a different time" 

"I wanted to have fun today" 

"Mina, you need to know your priorities" Actually clueless. I'm starting to think that he doesn't even want to try this relationship.

"Yes, I got carried away, but can we pass by my house? I want to apologize to my mom" Need to get that out early, so I don't forget.

"No, you do your homework and just message her. She'll understand" He replies in a demanding manner.

"Are you sure? I think apologizing in person is better"

"Believe me, she will understand that you're busy in college"

"Okay... hopefully you're right. I feel really guilty fighting with her, and I miss her" I regret fighting her, but she was disrespecting Y/N. 

An awkward silence starts. Yet again, I can't keep conversations going.

"Sorry, Mina" 

"For what?" Odd way to break the silence, but I appreciate the sorry, I think?

"Sorry to you, and your mother" He's thinking about that day as well. It does suck that we started on a sour note. I actually thought he was sorry about our date.

"Don't worry about it. She isn't always like that by the way. But, you are the only boy I have been close friends with ever since, so maybe she was just overprotective"

He stays silent which is making me embarrassed. It felt like I was just talking to myself.

We arrive back at his place. 

"Alright, go do your homework. I will do some studying, myself" he really does enjoy commanding me around as if he was my dad.

We enter the house together and it's oddly empty. Nayeon and Jeongyeon aren't downstairs like they usually would be.

"By any chance, do you want to study together? It's getting late anyway" I ask. The museum tour surprisingly took a long time. It was just the start of the afternoon when we left, but now it's already sunset.