14

Y/N POV

TIMESKIP

"Good luck with tomorrow. Make sure that your plans work" our professor dismisses our class.

It was stressful how I had to deal with work in both of my lives. Thankfully, both are already complete.

"Good job everyone. The fair is only a day away, but we all did our best to prepare for this moment. Have fun tomorrow" Jihyo announces as soon as our prof leaves.

I did do the majority of the work, but I can't be bothered to complain.

"Y/N, do you want to go with us tomorrow? We've already planned on which stalls we want to visit" Dahyun approaches. She's never been this ambitious to ask me something.

"Who is 'us' exactly? Also, I need to help with our own stall"

The fair for this year is making a small business as a fundraiser. I was also chosen as a head, so I might be asked to stay near our stall for the day.

"The usual, Chae, Tzuyu, Jihyo and Mina"

"No, sorry. Again, I need to watch our own stall and I already agreed to join a different group"

"Does that group include Momo?"

"Yes, but it's not because of her"

"Don't sugarcoat it. I understand that you prefer to be with her"

"I'm not sugarcoating. It's not like I don't want to hang out with you"

"Sure... you rarely talk to us now"

"It's not like we were ever close friends. We were just classmates who spoke often"

She just pouts at me. She is such a mystery that even I don't understand and I would say I'm good at reading people.

"Why are you just pouting at me? You're such a mysterious person"

"I'm just disappointed in you"

"You're the only person I can't read. I literally don't understand you"

"I'm not the only person, Y/N. You're more clueless than you think"

"Who is the other person then?"

"I'll let you think about it" she says before she walks away. Is she disappointed that I'm not joining them, or because I don't know who the other person is?

"See you tomorrow then!" I reply. 

"Y/N, you're finally back. What took you so long?" Jeong asks as soon as I enter the house. She was waiting at the door to scold me. Absolutely shameless

"I drove home as soon as I was dismissed, I don't understand what you're trying to tell me?"

"You need to get back earlier, or we won't finish early"

"Okay, so can you stop being an asshole?"

"I'm just reminding you to arrive early. How do you take me as an asshole from that?"

"You're entire vibe is annoying"

Her expression turns hostile. Jeongyeon was never this arrogant. I wonder what caused the sudden change in her attitude.

"Whatever, Y/N. Just remember that we need to continue working even if we have school. Our clients don't give us grades, unlike school"

"When did I ever say that I wanted to stop doing this? Besides, I can't leave this life. I'm already too far into it"